Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep a look out for an 07 chevy silverado tailgate(seafoam green/linex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotcha. Hopefully none of them catch on or have the time..

Comment

Put two on side by side and opposite direction(access one from top and other from bottom). Most thiefs are looking for fast get away and won't mess with 10min getting gate off .

Comment

I gonna build a guard like EW posted up. The masterlock clip looks decent other than it floping around and they apparently dont work on chevys according to the amazon reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
          I gonna build a guard like EW posted up. The masterlock clip looks decent other than it floping around and they apparently dont work on chevys according to the amazon reviews.
          Mine came with a velcro strip that attaches it to the gate. Sucks on the chevy thing though, did not know that. Regardless, GL with it!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Are they that easy to sell? I know thieves are opportunist, but kinda of a pita to ship even for them.

I also never thought they would be sawing of cat converters either.

Comment

^^^^^^
              They must be. People have been stealing tailgates for years.

Comment

The first one I heard of was I Houston, in traffic. Black guy just walks behind the truck, unmatched it and walks into an alley. My buddy was sitting in the truck. Wtf?

It was before he got his CHL.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Don't new trucks come with locking tailgates? My 05 dodge, 06 Ford and my 13 Ford all had/have locks. I thought it was standard anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                    I've realized that a huge is a great theft deterrent. Worked for me so far!
                    Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    Huge what?
                    He meant a "hug". Give them a hug, love is all they need.

Comment

Hugs not tailgates.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Hugs not tailgates.
                        Tailgate thief tries selling hugs, then giving them away. Gives up, hugless and broken-hearted.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I did the hoseclamp which stopped them from stealing my tailgate. They took out a taillight but left when when I opened the garage door. I did.the pop a lock from ebay after that Don't spend extra dollars for the GM one. Its pop and lock.
                          Last edited by R3_82GT; 11-03-2013, 05:14 PM. Reason: corrected name of tailgate lock

Comment

I believe that color is called Green Gray Metallic. I only know because it's the same green offered on the 95-96 Impala SS. I love that color.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                              Don't new trucks come with locking tailgates? My 05 dodge, 06 Ford and my 13 Ford all had/have locks. I thought it was standard anymore.
                              They didn't do locking tailgates until 2008. When I had my 07, I came out from Sam's missing a taillight. My wife's '13 has the backup camera in the tailgait but luckily it locks.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                                Locking a tailgate is a pain if you routinely get stuff out of the bed with the truck running. I do the hoseclamp trick on mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X