Jags...what is the quality like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jags...what is the quality like

What is the quality like for a 97-02 ish Jag XK8? I know in the 80's - 90's they were shit and some people can't hardly give them away. I have always loved the body on these, especially the coupes. What are the high failure items? Are they hard to get parts or hard to work on?

you aint ready for dem spokes boy!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I had an 03 X-Type and it was extremely tight and comfortable. I only ditched it because I traded it for some stupid Mustang II.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I had an 03 X-Type and it was extremely tight and comfortable. I only ditched it because I traded it for some stupid Mustang II.
        I loved those cars. I cannot believe how cheap they are now to buy.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've got an 03 xkr coupe and they are pretty well built. The 97-02 had plastic tensioners on the timing chains and are notorious for failing. You can swap them to the 03-04 metal style to fix that issue. Other than that, body parts are expensive and insurance on it is higher than my 03 cobra was or my 02 zo6 was. If your over 6 foot, the interior is cramped. Way smaller than a mustang on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            I loved those cars. I cannot believe how cheap they are now to buy.
            I drove it on a few days that the metroplex iced over and it handled great

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
              I've got an 03 xkr coupe and they are pretty well built. The 97-02 had plastic tensioners on the timing chains and are notorious for failing. You can swap them to the 03-04 metal style to fix that issue. Other than that, body parts are expensive and insurance on it is higher than my 03 cobra was or my 02 zo6 was. If your over 6 foot, the interior is cramped. Way smaller than a mustang on the inside.
              I'm kind of surprised by that. I am 6'4" and I know when I one time got to drive a Jag 4dr sedan, I had plenty of room to stretch out. I have not got to sit in an XJ8 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                I'm kind of surprised by that. I am 6'4" and I know when I one time got to drive a Jag 4dr sedan, I had plenty of room to stretch out. I have not got to sit in an XJ8 though.
                The 4 doors are pretty roomy, but the xk cars are a joke. The backseat is absolutely useless too. Convertibles might be a bit better, but my coupe has about as much room as a c4 vette honestly. You could put a kid in the back seat but not much else. It does have a telescoping wheel, so that helps taller people fit in the car, but anyone who ever rides with me comments on how small it is on the inside.

Comment

I was gonna say their QB sucks ass, but never mind, this is about cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    you aint ready for dem spokes boy!
                    lol.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    I was gonna say their QB sucks ass, but never mind, this is about cars.
                    Shiiit, I thought it was about Jags the tittie bar and was looking forward to the comments?!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

make sure the top works perfectly. Expensive.

Comment

My mother has one (1998) with about 25k miles and it is in good shape. My dad has replaced all the speakers, the hydraulic roof components, and the transmission (yes, the transmission couldn't stand up to middle aged woman driving).
                        He did the speakers and roof in the garage by himself but it was still expensive to do, and tedious.
                        The interior is still nice and modern. No squeks or rattles. Engine runs great. Has a little 4.0 v8 that gets up and goes pretty well. Drives smoothly too, but the back seat is porsche small. I remember my sister was unable to ride in it when she was 7 or 8 years old.
                        All in all ok cars, but remember with British cars your wallet is subject to serial rapings.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

He's not nearly the player he used to be, but still decent. I'm guessing it's the "Samson Effect" more than anything.

All kidding aside, keep plenty of cash aside for repairs

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            He's not nearly the player he used to be, but still decent. I'm guessing it's the "Samson Effect" more than anything.

All kidding aside, keep plenty of cash aside for repairs
                            win.

Comment

Woops, thought this was gonna be about the titty bar...

*backs out slowly*

Comment

Working...
                              X