Anyone work for the USPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for the USPS?

Here's the story, I live on a private road in rural Denton county that has approximately 10 homes that require mail service. Currently all of our mail boxes are at the end of the road on a county road. In the last 5 years we've had the mail boxes vandalized 4 times and mail stolen from the boxes on several occasions as well. I have spoken with everyone on our road and they're all for installing a mail box in front of their home. The road is gravel but is maintained.

Through all my research on the internet I have been unable to find the rules and regulations governing this type of situation so I figured maybe the vast knowledge of this site could generate an answer before I hit up the postmaster.
    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

I don't think we have any post people here.

Comment

How much for a locking mailbox?

Comment

i live on a long gravel road and they deliver to our houses individually...
        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Your best option is to find your local post office and run the situation by them. Anything that involves changing their route needs to be approved.

A few years ago, we were leasing a building that had a single mailbox across the street. I got tired of having to cross a street to get the mail so I moved it to our side of the street. They sent a letter to me that stated the new location was not approved so I go talk to them and they told me the new location would mean the mail truck would have to make a u-turn. At first I was like "so...he's in a truck". But they explained that according to the route, the spot across the street placed the box on his right; and they can't make a U-turn since they have to continue down that road for other mail. I ultimately had to move it again into our parking lot so that he could turn into the parking lot with the box on his right, then exit the other side of the parking lot. I wondered if their mail trucks are equipped with a reverse gear or if they're just lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            Your best option is to find your local post office and run the situation by them. Anything that involves changing their route needs to be approved.

A few years ago, we were leasing a building that had a single mailbox across the street. I got tired of having to cross a street to get the mail so I moved it to our side of the street. They sent a letter to me that stated the new location was not approved so I go talk to them and they told me the new location would mean the mail truck would have to make a u-turn. At first I was like "so...he's in a truck". But they explained that according to the route, the spot across the street placed the box on his right; and they can't make a U-turn since they have to continue down that road for other mail. I ultimately had to move it again into our parking lot so that he could turn into the parking lot with the box on his right, then exit the other side of the parking lot. I wondered if their mail trucks are equipped with a reverse gear or if they're just lazy.
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Tx4KOej8g[/ame]
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
              i live on a long gravel road and they deliver to our houses individually...
              Private road?
              The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Nobody owns the road, man. It's God's road.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

ah, so...

[ ] mail trucks not equipped with reverse
                  [x] USPS is lazy

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    ah, so...

[x] USPS is lazy
                    I can't count the number of times that I've gotten a delivery notice from them when I was home all day and the doorbell never rang.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                      Private road?
                      Yes. We the home owners own and maintain the road.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        Nobody owns the road, man. It's God's road.
                        Quality.
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Good luck getting the post master for your area to return calls/emails, or even show up for an appointment you have with them.

USPS workers are some of the laziest ass-holes I have ever dealt with. There are a few good ones, but the majority of them are pretty terrible.

Comment

It took me months to get them to deliver but they will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                            X