Cannonball cross country speed record SHATTERED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball cross country speed record SHATTERED

This is a long read and worth every fucking second. Fucking awesome.

He's a tall, lanky Southerner with a penchant for cars, and, of all things, lizards. He has a polite face and an eager-to-please demeanor. His teaches Sunday school with his wife. Ed Bolian is the kind of guy you might meet on an airplane and forget before you picked up your bags – with one exception: he just became…

Bad ass.

Comment

When Roy later announced his 31:04 run, Rawlings complained to the New York Times that Roy didn't follow the right route, saying that "Alex's perceived transcontinental record is not valid. He didn't stick to the route."P

"I talked to that jackwagon, and it doesn't make sense to me," said Rawlings. "But I'm willing to look at anything and, fuck, if you've got the proof, badass. I don't know mathematically how it worked."

Sounds like a bitch to me.

Comment

wow, that is a cool story, for sure.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Interestingly, Brock Yates was selling a couple interesting cars on "Chasing Classic Cars" last night.

Comment

I'm up for it. Lol

anyone game

Comment

Stopped only :48 seconds and had a 98mph average? Holy balls...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Stopped only :48 seconds and had a 98mph average? Holy balls...
                I think that's 46 minutes.

Comment

That would make more sense. They had to fill those tanks, so yeah.

Comment

Worth the read... Best part, he beat Gas Monkeystick and his buddy

Comment

Theres an 02' CL55 on CL in Highland Park for $17,500 right now. You buy the car...I'll drive

Comment

Decent little docu on a recent attempt with loads of 70s and 80s footage.
                        Shows rawlings in the 90s looking like a super douche
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Very Cool.

Comment

Rawlings has always looked like a super douche. The book Cannonball! by Brock Yates is pretty interesting if any of you would like to really delve into the the stuff that was going on in the 70's.

Comment

I'd like to take the trip in my 2nd gen for my 40th birthday but I don't think it or me could do it in less than a week.
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X