5 dead in Terrell Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 dead in Terrell Tx

dang. was only 2 when i went to bed last night. i think this is the same story...

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Terrell police have captured the man suspected in multiple overnight shootings that left five people dead by Tuesday morning.

Charles Brownlow was captured by officers around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning after allegedly killing his mother, his aunt, and three others.

Terrell Police Chief Jody Lay updated the media early Tuesday morning.

"We’re all in a state of shock, you have a tendency to think, 'How can that happen here?'" said Lay. "This is a country community, a rural community, people are real close and this is going to have a really big impact on us."

The investigation started after a call to a home in the 400 block of Tyler Street in Terrell. Officers found the body of a woman in the home dead of an apparent gunshot wound. Neighbors told NBC 5 DFW that woman is Brownlow's aunt.

Investigators tell NBC 5 that the body of another woman was found in a home in the 300 block of Stalling Street. A member of the Terrell Fire Department saw smoke coming from the home around 5:30 p.m. Monday and investigated, finding a body inside. People who know the victim told NBC 5 that victim is Brownlow's mother.

Police believe that home is where Brownlow had been living. Officers believe he stole a car from this location.

A third incident occurred in the 800 block of North Francis Street where a shooting was reported around 10 p.m. Monday. Police believe it may be the home of Brownlow's girlfriend. No one was hurt at this address.

Lay said two other shooting victims were found at another house on Eulalia Street at 10:27 p.m. Lay said a man and a woman were killed. A 3-year-old child in the house during the shooting was not hurt.

Ten minutes later, Lay said Brownlow traveled to a convenience store called "Ali's Market" at 10:37 p.m. The store is located on US Highway 80 in the 700 block of West Moore Avenue.

Lay said Brownlow allegedly killed the clerk inside the store then jumped in the car and took off after officers spotted him at the store.

The victim at the store was identified by a friend at the scene as Luis Leal. Police believe he was randomly targeted by the alleged shooter.

Following that shooting, police pursued Brownlow back toward the neighborhood where it all started. The high-speed chase traveled through several neighborhoods before Brownlow crashed the car through a fence off College Mound and bailed out of the vehicle. He then fled into a wooded area.

Texas Department of Public Safety troopers and their helicopter searched for Brownlow in the area using infrared cameras and eventually caught him around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The Garland Police Department, Department of Public Service, Kaufman Co. Sheriff's Office, Terrell Police Department and Texas Rangers are all investigating this situation.

Kaufman County has dealt with multiple incidents of high-profile violence this year, including the slayings of their district attorney and top prosecutor.

"We’ve had a tough year here in Kaufman County and this makes it a little bit tougher, but we’re going to get through it," Lay said. "We’re resilient we’re going to rise above it, we’re going to get through it."

Comment

Damn and I was just their at AG power in Terrell yesterday working on my John Deere.
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Terrell, doesn't shock me. Most of terrell has become a shithole.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Terrell, doesn't shock me. Most of terrell has become a shithole.
            become a shithole?

It has been for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              become a shithole?

This.

Comment

become a shithole?

There were parts that were ok. The tanger side and the walmart side weren't too bad, it was the middle that was terrible. Now everything is bad. I rarely go over there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  This.
                  x3. Terrell is the armpit of Texas, behind Houston, Dallas, Austin, heck the list goes on.

Comment

Good ole Eric Bishop's hometown. That's where his "dreams" started.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Good ole Eric Bishop's hometown. That's where his "dreams" started.
                      I wonder if he is related to Dan Bishop, project manager at GE (maybe Ex project manager now)
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

become a shithole?

'That' part of town has always been a shithole

<---------------grew up there, but not in the shithole part

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          There were parts that were ok. The tanger side and the walmart side weren't too bad, it was the middle that was terrible. Now everything is bad. I rarely go over there anymore.
                          Oak Ridge in da house!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            'That' part of town has always been a shithole

<---------------grew up there, but not in the shithole part
                            Unfortunately I am right in the middle of Mesquite and Terrell. So I know how it goes around here.

Comment

Working...
                            X