Insurance Question - Stolen vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hay Burner View Post
    How did they rate your car? Average Private or Retail.
    Do you have a copy of the evaluation? How do their comparables actually compare to your car? SE=SE GXE is not an SE.
    What condition was your car in? be painfully honest.
    Not sure on how they did rate it.

I asked for a copy Friday when we spoke at 11:25am, was told I would receive a copy via FAX or could look it up on Allstate.com under view my claim and documents.
    Did not receive a call back Friday or today as of yet.

Car is an SE.
    The only models for 2007 are SE and SL

When I say my car was in good to excellent condition it was. (good condition as value wise states with KBB and NADA )
    There were NO problems with Maxima.
    It was not a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by hookem06 View Post
      Make a long story short

I had a 2007 Nissan maxima that was stolen. Vehicle was recovered the next day but was fucked up, items stolen from it. It had to be towed and went to a body shop.

My insurance company is Allstate.

On the 17th, an adjuster went over my vehicle and looked at it.
      Came back on Tuesday the 18th and deemed it as a total loss.

Now I have been talking with a lady who I guess is over the insurance claim.

Very rude, and a real bitch.

They have given me an offer from my car but its too low and I told them that.

I dont owe but maybe $5300 on my car.

I told her I can't even buy a car like mine for that amount.
      All she stated to me was, we will look in your area and compare prices with an average of 10 vehicles.

I have been to a few car dealerships and found a car exactly like mine.
      Miles are about 3k difference, but everything else is the same. All the same options, color, and everything. But it is a little more than my insurance company is offering me.

As far as value, Allstate is offering me about average trade-in value per NADA

Also I was told by the adjuster, that whatever price they come up with TTL or tax has to be added in that price.

What would you do and what is a fair value if it was your car?
      You seem to be misled on many points. I will probably be home al day today if you would like to call and discuss. I know allstate inside and out.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
      X