Commuter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Not automatic, and not comfortable for commuting over half the year.
    Depends on the person. If one doesn't like gearing up for whatever season and the commute is more stop then go it could be a pain in the ass on a bike, but if not and you get the right bike it's perfectly comfortable for those who enjoy riding.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      Ever thought of moving ?
      No, I live on a ranch that i can shoot dove from the porch, and hunt deer and turkey on. My parents and in-laws live more than 5 miles away, but less than 10. With 3 in diapers it is a huge plus to have family around, though my wife is a stay at home.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Yaris.
      Haven't looked at those yet

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Just thought of a few more. The Lincoln LS, the Lincoln Mark VIII and the Ford Thunderbird. All fit the profile and are great cruisers. Honestly though, one of the best highway cruisers I have ever driven was the 1997 Crown Victoria that I had on my lot. Was very nice. Heck a Marauder would be good.
      will have to check a few out.

I've been looking at some is 250's, but I still associate them with being a chick car...

WRX's have come in the mix, though autos are hard to find.
      Last edited by Lethal Injection; 10-27-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Depends on the person. If one doesn't like gearing up for whatever season and the commute is more stop then go it could be a pain in the ass on a bike, but if not and you get the right bike it's perfectly comfortable for those who enjoy riding.
        Ya, this commute will have some stop and go from 67/35 to downtown.
        I will be carrying a computer, gym attire, and food everyday. They have a top notch gym facility, bike trail, frisbee golf, and running trails. I have to dress nice

Comment

Damn dude! Three in diapers?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
            WRX's have come in the mix, though autos are hard to find.
            That would be a Legacy GT.

I thought about going auto for a daily, but I just picked up a Focus ST and it's not badat all. I even ran it through stop and go traffic. Not much out of your price range either. With a new car, there is some room to work with finance options.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Damn dude! Three in diapers?
              Twin girls followed by a boy

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              That would be a Legacy GT.

I thought about going auto for a daily, but I just picked up a Focus ST and it's not badat all. I even ran it through stop and go traffic. Not much out of your price range either. With a new car, there is some room to work with finance options.
              A standard isn't 100% out of the question. Anything more than my dollar range is, i have a phobia of payments.

Comment

FML an FRC C5 just came across my radar, which is a long time want.

I had a C5 on the hook Friday, but for the price that we agreed on the dealership wouldn't fix a few issues.
                Last edited by Lethal Injection; 10-27-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

how much is the frc?

Comment

honda accord with the K24 4cyl

the fucker will get mid 20's at 100mph

mid 30's at "normal" highway speeds

and fucking bulletproof. While I like the idea of a C5, I have to vote for something more practical
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

x2 on the G35. 300+ HP, handles like a track car, low to mid 20's mileage with automatic, all the creature comforts of high end luxury cars. Wife and I drive his n hers G35's. Will be selling my coupe soon to buy G37. Look for the models equipped with the Brembo brakes option.

Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

I just traded in a 97 Town Car, it got 24-25 and was the most comfortable ride in the world. Being a Panther chassis it was also very reliable.

My daily commute is about 80 miles and I drive a Prius C. It's hard to argue with 48 mpg average at 75 mph. It won't impress anyone here but it saves me over $100 a month in gas for the work commute alone.

Comment

Working...
                        X