No announcement yet.

Commuter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is not a job in the world that would make me willing to commute over 100 miles R/T.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      If you don't have HOV in that commute then it's understood. My commute is 90% HOV so it makes it well worth it regardless of suiting up and temperature.
      They just did away with the nb 35 HOV.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
        There is not a job in the world that would make me willing to commute over 100 miles R/T.
        This..

I'm too spoiled with telecommuting now. I've turned down a job paying over $150K that even came with a $300 a month car allowance plus what I thought was a generous allowance for daily mileage. I just love being around my wife and son too much to drive to work or customer sites.

Comment

Automatic?! Booo! Man up, it must be almost all highway.

Comment

but you'd be willing to do 100 miles? not 101 though?

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
              Most of my time was on sport bikes, owned 8. Ive ridden v-rods, soft tails, and shadows that were friends.
              Reading that again it looks like you've gone from one extreme to another. You should get a standard bike. That way you'll be comfortable for long distances and you can get one with good power.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                STS, DTS, or Eldorado.
                Watch for the head gasket issues and the real world MPG's are about 24 for the highway. I say look into the infinity G35.

Comment

Ever thought of moving ?

Comment

Yaris.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Cts-v
                      In the $10-12,000 range?
                      Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      A motorcycle.
                      Not automatic, and not comfortable for commuting over half the year.
                      Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Yaris.
                      Yeah. Or Corolla/Prizm. Toyota is solid.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        Yeah. Or Corolla/Prizm. Toyota is solid.
                        I know where you could get an excellent one with 52k miles on it for $8,500. (Yaris) 43/30 highway/city.
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          I know where you could get an excellent one with 52k miles on it for $8,500. (Yaris) 43/30 highway/city.
                          What are you replacing your Yaris with?

Also, for those that say CTS-V, you can't get an auto in a 2004-2007(first gen), but you can find 100k mile cars for 12k.

Comment

I'm doing 120+ per day and I'M PAYING FOR THIS BULLSHIT!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                              What are you replacing your Yaris with?

Also, for those that say CTS-V, you can't get an auto in a 2004-2007(first gen), but you can find 100k mile cars for 12k.
                              Nothing concrete yet, leaning toward G37 sedan.

Comment

Just thought of a few more. The Lincoln LS, the Lincoln Mark VIII and the Ford Thunderbird. All fit the profile and are great cruisers. Honestly though, one of the best highway cruisers I have ever driven was the 1997 Crown Victoria that I had on my lot. Was very nice. Heck a Marauder would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X