Commuter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commuter suggestions

I took another job with my current company that is going to require a 126 mile round trip commute. I am in the market for something that can get me back and forth comfortably and as enjoyable always possible. My 6sp dodge isn't going to cut it.

My requirements:
    Upper 20's mpg
    Automatic
    10-12k price
    Reliable to 200k
    Nice/fun

Some thoughts this far include:
    Acura tl
    Cts ?
    C5

Give some ideas and pro/cons of mentioned vehicles.

I considered something family oriented as I have 3 in car seats and 1 in a booster. It takes 3 row to go anywhere as a family, so the wife said get something you enjoy. We already have a family car and are keeping the truck.

Cts-v
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

This has three of those things. 84mpgeez

Prolly fun to drive.

Last edited by sc281; 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Ford Fusion

Comment

06-07 Accord v6. Trans problems were fixed by then and they are great hwy commuters.

Comment

A motorcycle.

Comment

With that kind of mileage I would look for at least mid to upper 30's mpg.

If I'm going to waste that much of my time and life away every day just to get to work to make money the last thing I want to waste my money on is gas to get there.

Comment

I've ridden for years and have no desire to make commute on a bike.

Does the accord have the same trans as a tl?

I also want to keep resale value in mind as it approaches 200k.

I'm really want to deciding factor the be cost based as I am a thrifty person but I've got the other half saying get what you want.

I started out looking at 06 and up civics. Yesterday I drove a c5 and almost pulled the trigger....

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  With that kind of mileage I would look for at least mid to upper 30's mpg.

If I'm going to waste that much of my time and life away every day just to get to work to make money the last thing I want to waste my money on is gas to get there.
                  I also want those 2.5 hours to be enjoyable.

I have the option to telecommute a day/wk.

Comment

You could buy a low-mile, 10yo Cadillac. They're semi-disposable, they get 20mpg, and they're freakin' comfortable!
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
                      I've ridden for years and have no desire to make commute on a bike.
                      Why not? What kind of bike did you ride?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Why not? What kind of bike did you ride?
                        I will have to go 35E to DNT. Alvarado to Plano.

Most of my time was on sport bikes, owned 8. Ive ridden v-rods, soft tails, and shadows that were friends. I've more or less turned into a fair weather rider and don't want to suit up everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          You could buy a low-mile, 10yo Cadillac. They're semi-disposable, they get 20mpg, and they're freakin' comfortable!
                          sts or cts?

I wonder what the real world mpg is on them?

Comment

sts or cts?

I wonder what the real world mpg is on them?
                            STS, DTS, or Eldorado.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I will have to go 35E to DNT. Alvarado to Plano.

Most of my time was on sport bikes, owned 8. Ive ridden v-rods, soft tails, and shadows that were friends. I've more or less turned into a fair weather rider and don't want to suit up everyday...
                              If you don't have HOV in that commute then it's understood. My commute is 90% HOV so it makes it well worth it regardless of suiting up and temperature.

Comment

Working...
                              X