Any tips on beating parvo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
    I had to put the two pups down tonight. Rip Bear and Patch.

I'm so sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by nighttrain66 View Post
      we saved a dog with Parvo by giving her Pedialite every 2 hrs by squirting in her mouth with a syringe.

Took about a week but he turned out OK and produced a few good litters years later after that (she was a Husky).

It took about 6 months befeore she was back to her self.

Lloyd
      We were with them for 3 days straight doing the same thing. Hardly got any sleep. The vet said the parvo around the area I'm in is just nasty bad.

Comment

Any left? Got a bottle for some treatment I can donate

Comment

When I was quite younger, I brought 3 of my dogs from Parve with simple Green Gatorade. Get a eye dropper and squeeze the green gatorade into their mouth about every 30 minutes to an hour. Parvo kills by dehydration. A syringe will work as well.
          Photobucket

Comment

We kept them very hydrated. But after a while they can't keep medicine down and they start having bad diarrhea. Eventually they have blood in the diarrhea and you might as well put them down.

Comment

I was once told by a local vet that you can mix small amounts of water and bleach 50/50 and give it to the puppies via syringe and wait it out. The bleach either kills the parvo or kills the dog. I had a litter of pups come out with parvo and 4 of them beat it, 3 did not. I hated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                I was once told by a local vet that you can mix small amounts of water and bleach 50/50 and give it to the puppies via syringe and wait it out. The bleach either kills the parvo or kills the dog. I had a litter of pups come out with parvo and 4 of them beat it, 3 did not. I hated it.
                Please tell me which local vet that was because they are a fucking idiot and need to be turned in to the AVMA and the TBVME.

Comment

sorry to hear it man.

were they too young for vaccination?
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post
                    Please tell me which local vet that was because they are a fucking idiot and need to be turned in to the AVMA and the TBVME.
                    Did you google dogs killed with bleach and find this forum and come here only to bitch? I said 4 of them lived!

Comment

Working...
                    X