Anyone seen my 1993 Cobra....new owner is running tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
    ALWAYS remove the license plates from any vehicle you sell. Scrape off the registration sticker.

This will force them to register the car to get tags.
    so what's your response when they so they need the plates so they don't get pulled over?

I've never had a problem leaving the plates on in the past (knocks on wood) but I may start using this method when I sell the Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      so what's your response when they so they need the plates so they don't get pulled over?
      I tell them to hurry to the DMV or just meet me there to do the transfer right then.

Comment

I've never had a problem leaving the plates on in the past (knocks on wood) but I may start using this method when I sell the Lightning.
        When you buy a car. there is a form you can print off the DMV site that is a "temp tag" which is valid for 2 weeks i think.. they should do that.
        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
          I tell them to hurry to the DMV or just meet me there to do the transfer right then.
          Thats what I had to do when I bought my Blazer. Luckily it was a 2 minute drive from my house so it was no biggy. Dude wouldn't take cash or handover keys until the transfer was complete. Worked for me.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Anyone with a printer can print out a transit tag from the state website.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              My buddy bought a car from him and got fucked over. Car came with this warranty on this supposed new tranny that was put in by him and his shop. 2 weeks later the car starts having tranny problems and loses compression on 2 of the 4 cylinders. No help from him on the warranty at all.

Well that's just shocking since all of the cars that guy sells only have highway miles on them.

Comment

They have a bill of sale and can go to the DMV.

Honestly , its not my problem. They dont get my plates with the car. I even remove the registration sticker

Comment

?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    lateral moves.

god bless.
                    Swapping spit

Comment

a guy a few doors down from me got a cobra that looks Identical last year. i'll try to get the plate # off it for you.
                      certified deisel mechanic

Comment

Thats not it.

Comment

Working...
                        X