Anyone seen my 1993 Cobra....new owner is running tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen my 1993 Cobra....new owner is running tolls

Anybody seen this car running around Dallas or know who the new owner is?

I sold this car to a friend of mine last year with the understanding he'd change the title over immediately. Long story short.....he didn't and sold it shortly thereafter to someone in Dallas.

Now this guy is out there running tolls and the bills are coming to me. I'm going to be nice for awhile...but my patience is running thin.

License plate ends in F337
    1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
    2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
    2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
    1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
    2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
    1999 Baja - Water Toy

Did you fill out the online form after you sold it to notify the state? If not, I hope you've got some paperwork showing when you sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
      Long story short.....he didn't and sold it shortly thereafter to someone in Dallas.
      Read that shit happening so many times it's ridiculous.

Comment

I have the bill of sale. Gave it to the Tollway folks. They replied that it's not good enough. They want me to fill out further dispute forms and file the notification of sale to the state. Which is fine....but they're still not promising to drop the fines.

I normally do file the notification of sale to the state...but this was to a good friend and I didn't foresee this outcome.

I guess since it's titled to me I can just repossess the car huh? I like that idea!
        1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
        1991 Syclone - 25K miles
        1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Sorry to say, said friend is an asshole not letting you know he turned around to sell it right away for a profit.

Best of luck getting the fines dropped

Comment

I had to fill out a title transfer notification- that was enought for the NTTA
            it includes new buyer info ( in which case you could include your friends info )

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
              I had to fill out a title transfer notification- that was enought for the NTTA
              it includes new buyer info ( in which case you could include your friends info )
              That's the plan.

Unreal. It's scary that our government can track our every movement via license plates, traffic cams, NSA, internet, etc. Really disturbing. When are we going to vote for people who want less of this stuff and not more?

Rant off.
              1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
              1991 Syclone - 25K miles
              1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Had this happen to me last month and I ended up having to pay for the fucking tickets...

Comment

Report it stolen?

Comment

That's the plan.

Unreal. It's scary that our government can track our every movement via license plates, traffic cams, NSA, internet, etc. Really disturbing. When are we going to vote for people who want less of this stuff and not more?

Rant off.
                    Won't happen. People like the idea of being controlled under the guise of convenience.

Comment

That's the plan.

Rant off.
                      They're not a government entity. They're a public/private partnership. Also, anyone on that road is on it voluntarily. Finally, this is still your fault for not filling out the title transfer information.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I always take the plates off and send in the transfer notification when I sell a car. It sucks that you sold it to a friend thinking that it would be taken care of though.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          They're not a government entity. They're a public/private partnership. Also, anyone on that road is on it voluntarily. Finally, this is still your fault for not filling out the title transfer information.
                          Oh and you had damned well better keep up with the verification notice that you transferred it. I did that and lost the notice and I still had to pay. Now, I yank those damned plates off, fuck the buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            Report it stolen?
                            False police report ?

Comment

It's amazing how many ways the state/other organizations can milk money out of people.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X