Please know your stroke signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please know your stroke signs

Two years ago our lives were turned upside down by a stroke that took the woman who I affectionately called my D2. The memory of that day was scary for me and my little family. I know you were afraid of what was happening cause you didn't want that for yourself. Over the past year I have reflected on our times together. Sitting on your front porch listening to the boats go up and down the bayou, listening to the dogs play below us, and watching time drift by as we relaxed together. You taught me how to be a Cajun and how to embrace it's ways. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't think of you. You were my mother in law and a friend. I miss you and love you Donna St. Amant. My D2.

Strokes are terrible. Good thoughts going out for you
    Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Sorry for your heavy heart. As a fellow cajun I understand the family ties as well.

Peut vous être bien frère

LeBlanc

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Been there done that...... twice! It was honestly like someone flipped a switch. Felt fine one minute and then it was, "what the heck is going on". I would never wish that on anyone. I could hear the people talking to me. I thought I was responding and was getting upset because people kept asking me the same questions. I later found out I was not saying a word back.
        Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I've been there also. Had the same switch feeling as 1carcrazyguy. I was getting ready for work one morning and was standing in front of the bathroom sink and then the switch got flipped and I was in la la land. I couldn't even think to call for help. It was several hours later before I managed to work out that I needed help. Luckily it wasn't a bad stroke but it did screw me up for a long while. Some things still don't work 100% today.

Most people don't have stroke symptoms but some like me have TIAs beforehand. Look up TIA to get a list of the symptoms. I had no idea what the symptoms of a TIA was and it cost me.

Most importantly, keep an eye on your blood pressure!!!! 120/80 is normal.

Comment

Working...
          X