Garage lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage lifts

I'm wanting to get a 2015 when they come out but I've already got the fox in my garage. I want to be able to park my wife's car on the other side.

I was looking at something like this. http://www.carguygarage.com/lbtwoposttiltpl.html

I need to go measure it to be sure but I doubt I'll have the clearance with the standard garage door. I've thought about putting in a roll up door like you have on storage unit but I can't find any that don't look cheap. Has anyone installed a lift in a home garage?

I would love one but I have a post tenstion slab. Can't mount anything into the concrete.

Comment

Get a four post and there is no need to anchor it in the concrete.

The?Pro Park 8S four-post lift provides the perfect solution for increasing parking space without having to resort to any permanent changes to your shop or property. This car hoist allows you to double your parking space instantly and is a versatile tool that can be used for any automotive lift and storage needs. Features: Adjustable Lock Ladder Leveling System ALI/ETL Certified 8,000 lbs. capacity Powder coat finish Single point lock release Steel approach ramps included Available in?Black?color only. Included: Jack Tray Wheel Caster Kit (4 poly casters) Drip Trays (4)

Comment

Comment

My main issue with that one is that you can't use it as a typical lift, to work on the underside of the car. Being a solid ramp, there's no access to the undercarriage, it's just for storage.

If you didn't see it, there are other costs involved, so be prepared:

This lift will arrive at your location on a flat bed semi truck. If you want to unload the lift at your home garage, we suggest calling up a tow truck company that has a tow truck with a boom on the back that is capable of hoisting the lift off the shipping truck when it arrives. It is the customers responsibility to have the necessary equipment to off-load the lift upon delivery. Please note that lead transit time can vary from 2-4 weeks after the build lead time due to procurement of flat bed semi truck. This is dependent on your location.

Comment

I'd love a 4 post life but I don't think my garage is tall enough with the door open. I'll measure I today when I get home and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
              I'd love a 4 post life but I don't think my garage is tall enough with the door open. I'll measure I today when I get home and see.
              As long as the posts will fit, you raise the car as high as it can go without touching. If your garage isn't tall enough to stack two cars, no lift will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                As long as the posts will fit, you raise the car as high as it can go without touching. If your garage isn't tall enough to stack two cars, no lift will work.

http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-produ...ander-7000.asp

You're misunderstanding what he is saying. Ceiling height isn't his limiting factor. The garage door is. With a car on a lift, and in the up position, his garage door can't be opened.

Also...

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                My main issue with that one is that you can't use it as a typical lift, to work on the underside of the car. Being a solid ramp, there's no access to the undercarriage, it's just for storage.

Sure you can. It's not solid. Undercarriage is perfectly accessible. They also have jacks (airbag system) to jack the car up off of the runway if you need to remove a wheel, etc. Tons of professional shops use these. I used to work in a shop that had 3 of these, along with several 2 post lifts.
                Last edited by bcoop; 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that 2 low profile cars would fit. I'll have to put in a high lift garage door track to get the clearance I need when they're both in there.

Comment

Looks like I found my answer.

Comment

I wish my garage was that tall.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        You're misunderstanding what he is saying. Ceiling height isn't his limiting factor. The garage door is. With a car on a lift, and in the up position, his garage door can't be opened.

Also...

Sure you can. It's not solid. Undercarriage is perfectly accessible. They also have jacks (airbag system) to jack the car up off of the runway if you need to remove a wheel, etc. Tons of professional shops use these. I used to work in a shop that had 3 of these, along with several 2 post lifts.
                        I was factoring in the door as well, either it's tall enough for two cars, or it isn't. Looks like he'll be raising the door track to accommodate.

The pics on their website are for a solid platform, if they've got a version with movable slats then great. I was just pointing out something to look out for, some designs will be more accommodating to underside access than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          Looks like I found my answer.

im selling my four post if your interested its rated for 7k lbs and comes with the caster set-up to roll the lift out of the way if need be also its 110v so will plug into a regular outlet. lmk it looks exactly like one in this pic

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                            I would love one but I have a post tenstion slab. Can't mount anything into the concrete.
                            Where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                              im selling my four post if your interested its rated for 7k lbs and comes with the caster set-up to roll the lift out of the way if need be also its 110v so will plug into a regular outlet. lmk it looks exactly like one in this pic
                              how much?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X