Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job offer in Dallas, need some traffic and housing input please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW traffic sucks. Especially North dallas, when I lived off lovers/tollway, it would take a half hour to get to 75/walnut hill, and it was about 10 miles.

At least you arent looking at Houston.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      You must be ballin if you're looking at that much land that close to the city.

Expect about a 45-60min commute each way from there as well.
      Or he hit a grand slam on a penny stock!
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

There you go, It fits your land requirements, and into your price range of $250,000+

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          Call or text my wife, if you don't already have a realtor; she can give you quite a bit of info on houses/land available. Here's her info: Amy 972-765-4673

I'm in Wylie, and there are several options for land in this area as well as north of McKinney. Obviously, the further you drive, the cheaper it is, but you can find some decently priced acreage within a 30 minute or so drive.
          None of that's within 30 minutes unless you're talking about driving at the oddest hours of the night.

Comment

None of that's within 30 minutes unless you're talking about driving at the oddest hours of the night.
            agreed, he won't get to Frisco in 30 min on the tollway during rush hour, let alone anywhere else north of there

Comment

Just for a reference I work in that area (635 and Midway) and live on the east side of Richardson. My commute is about 10 miles and during rush hour it takes 30-40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                agreed, he won't get to Frisco in 30 min on the tollway during rush hour, let alone anywhere else north of there

What if he took Preston then hit NDT from PGBT? Bet he could then

Comment

"Prosper is only 20 minutes away from downtown Dallas."

- Everyone I know who lives in Prosper.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    "Prosper is only 20 minutes away from downtown Dallas."

- Everyone I know who lives in Prosper.

My gf lives there at the shops at legacy and she thinks it takes 10min to get anywhere. I just nod and start timing when we get in the car.

Comment

I drive it everyday. Without traffic, I can easily be in that area within 30 minutes. Traffic is a crap shoot...some days it's not bad and some days it is. Even on the bad days (barring major accidents), I can get to 35/635 in under an hour.

Comment

To have a house with some land, you might want to check-out the Wylie/Sachse/Murphy area.

Comment

x2 on red oak/ovilla. 67/loop12 will save your ass getting over to 635. have fun paying CC property taxes!
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Live in prosper in a CC sub and commute to Wylie (used to work downtown though). Need to be on the DNT no later than 6:30 to roll somewhat smoothly down to 635...if I leave later than that all I see are brakelights from legacy on down to GBT.....I actually roll home GBT to custer now...make similar time as taking tollway but dont have to wait 10-15 minutes to merge onto DNT...

Property out this way is choo choo $$$, even with a single wide
                            Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                            I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Working...
                            X