Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job offer in Dallas, need some traffic and housing input please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job offer in Dallas, need some traffic and housing input please!

The job itself is located off of Noel road by the galleria. Just east of Dallas North Tollway road and just North of 635.

My questions are:

How terrible is traffic in and out of this area? Rush hour impossible or are there back alley ways to get outside of the bad parts?

Also Housing, I would assume north Dallas would be the place to look. Do not want to live in the city and a cookie cutter subdivision. 380 is only 20 miles to the north maybe out there somewhere? Only 20 mile commute is that just implausible on a daily basis headed to Noel?. Subdivison needs larger(4+ acres at minimal) or need to be actual land outside the city.

It's horrible because of all the construction. My wife has to deal with it on a daily basis to/from work. But this is the case pretty much any where in DFW now days.

Comment

Traffic is awful. The good news is the apartments across the Tollway are pretty nice and not too expensive (take Galleria west across the Tollway to dead end - at least while you're looking for a house).
      Last edited by SVT Lurch; 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
        The job itself is located off of Noel road by the galleria. Just east of Dallas North Tollway road and just North of 635.

My questions are:

How terrible is traffic in and out of this area? Rush hour impossible or are there back alley ways to get outside of the bad parts?

Also Housing, I would assume north Dallas would be the place to look. Do not want to live in the city and a cookie cutter subdivision. 380 is only 20 miles to the north maybe out there somewhere? Only 20 mile commute is that just implausible on a daily basis headed to Noel?. Subdivison needs larger(4+ acres at minimal) or need to be actual land outside the city.
        To get that much property you will need to look in the Prosper/Celina area, traffic is going to suck no matter what unless you can leave early in the morning and head back in the early afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
          Traffic is awful. The good news is the apartments across the Tollway are pretty nice and not too expensive (take Galleria west across the Tollway to dead end - at least while you're looking for a house).
          Fun Note if you are talking about the apartments on the North West Side of the Tollway and 635 (ELan): We (my company) did the signs you see from 635 there.

Comment

That's them - cool deal, they saved me the first few times I went over there.

Comment

You must be ballin if you're looking at that much land that close to the city.

Expect about a 45-60min commute each way from there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                That's them - cool deal, they saved me the first few times I went over there.
                Thats good to hear. It was interesting trying to get Farmers Branch to Approve them since their Multi-Family Signage codes haven't been updated since the 70s. My tombstone will read "Death by City Permitting Officials".

Comment

My questions are:

It's cookie cutter all the way to 380 and then you have to go north another 10 miles to find something that's affordable, but not knowing you budget its hard to tell. Prosper is getting CC but Celina has some homes with land but it will be high. Not sure why you want/need 4+ acres, but be prepared to pay.
                  Now Lucas has nice houses on 2+ acres but I've seen nothing under 300k out there, but its about 5 miles from 75 and then about 10 miles to the galleria area. East Collin county (other side of Lake Lavon) and Hunt county along with Kaufman and then you might find what your looking for...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Not sure why you want/need 4+ acres, but be prepared to pay.
                    Just a random number, just want large lots at minimum, maybe out of city is best bet. Four wheelers, children, backyard golf..lots of reasons!

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    You must be ballin if you're looking at that much land that close to the city.

Expect about a 45-60min commute each way from there as well.
                    Annnnd nope. That may have answered my question. Would rather live how we want and avoid 2 hours of traffic a day where i am at versus loads of cash and headaches daily!

Comment

Just a random number, just want large lots at minimum, maybe out of city is best bet. Four wheelers, children, backyard golf..lots of reasons!

Annnnd nope. That may have answered my question. Would rather live how we want and avoid 2 hours of traffic a day where i am at versus loads of cash and headaches daily!

Working in that area, you're going to have traffic no matter what.

You still in Longview?

Comment

If you really want to know the area, take a couple vacation days and stay in a hotel and test driving in to work a few days during the week. That area has always sucked traffic wise, add in the construction and it has to be fucken awful now.

Comment

I hear ya, just letting you know that this area is booming like crazy. There really isn't anything like that within an hour from that area. If you live in Tyler, you might want to stay there and commute two hours to Dallas. The traffic heading into the city (north Dallas area) really sucks. Coming in from the DNT south is an hour from 121 and DNT area during rush hour and the same for 75 and 121 and coming from the east on 635 from I30 or I-20/80 and longer to I-175.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I hear ya, just letting you know that this area is booming like crazy. There really isn't anything like that within an hour from that area. If you live in Tyler, you might want to stay there and commute two hours to Dallas. The traffic heading into the city (north Dallas area) really sucks. Coming in from the DNT south is an hour from 121 and DNT area during rush hour and the same for 75 and 121 and coming from the east on 635 from I30 or I-20/80 and longer to I-175.

hour and a half from tyler. Get it right

Comment

I'd look south towards red oak, ovilla. You can find that average for half the price of collin county
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X