My dog died this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Scully, my rock for the last 12 years, died this morning. She had been acting strange since Weds, and I took her for an emergency vet visit, but they couldn't find anything and said to just keep an eye on her and gave me some medicine. She was back to mostly normal yesterday, and I was thinking maybe at her age the weather changes were bothering her like they do me. She was acting strange again this morning, and breathing so heavy I could hear her in the master bedroom from the living room. She refused a piece of turkey with her meds. I put her collar and leash on to take her to the vet, and with great effort she got up on her front legs. When she tried to lift her hindquarters up, she fell over, and I pretty much lost it. I carried her to the car, and drove to the vet. They found a tumor on her spleen and signs that it had ruptured. The decision was made to end her suffering. Scully got me through the two roughest events of my life, and now she is gone for the third. I miss her so much. She was a funny energetic dog that people still mistook for a puppy on walks, and she was also very sweet. This has been one of the worst days of my life. She was so energetic that I expected her to be around for several more years. I rescued her as a puppy shortly after moving out on my own, and she has been there for my entire adult life, through the good times and bad. I keep thinking I hear her moving in another room in the house and I have to remind myself that she is gone. When ever I'm upset, I would call her and pet her for a bit, and it would calm me back down. I keep almost calling her to come help me feel better, which just makes it worse. Don't really know where to end this. I posted this on FB earlier and wanted to let my friends know that aren't on there.

Sorry to hear. She's beautiful...reminds me of the one I lost last year. Looks like a Border Collie mix. Mine was Lab/Border Collie, best dog I ever had. She too had cancer, but on her liver. One day she was fine, the next day not.

It will get better, but will take time. Hang in there man. Remember, all dogs go to Heaven.

RIP Scully

Comment

Man I am sorry to hear that. It's hard for me to have pets of my own because of times like this. Wishing you the best thru all this.

Comment

Eric, sorry about her passing. We had a black lab/border collie mix growing up. That dude hung in for 14 years but the last 2-3 were rough but he always seemed happy.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I was just reading this yesterday thinking how terrible it would feel to lose one of my pups and it happened to me today. Came home from work and went to let the pups in. Only 3 came to the door. The 4th one finally came out of its corner and came in. Watched him all night and tried to give him food and water. Kept throwing up. Woke up and went to the kitchen and there was blood all over. Went straight to the vet and there was no doctor that early. Went to another vet and he was taking his last breaths and they put him down. Poor guy didnt give hardly any warning something was wrong. I just hope its not parvo because the pups could get it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
            I was just reading this yesterday thinking how terrible it would feel to lose one of my pups and it happened to me today. Came home from work and went to let the pups in. Only 3 came to the door. The 4th one finally came out of its corner and came in. Watched him all night and tried to give him food and water. Kept throwing up. Woke up and went to the kitchen and there was blood all over. Went straight to the vet and there was no doctor that early. Went to another vet and he was taking his last breaths and they put him down. Poor guy didnt give hardly any warning something was wrong. I just hope its not parvo because the pups could get it easily.
            Sorry to hear hope the others will be ok
            99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
            going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post

Sorry for your loss. It's rough.

Picked up her cremated remains this afternoon. Still can't believe she is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Sorry for your loss. It's rough.

Picked up her cremated remains this afternoon. Still can't believe she is gone.
                I still wake up in the middle of the night because I moved my hand over to pet Scooby and he isnt there, and he's been gone for around 16 months.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sucks DJ. I keep thinking about her last few days, and I think she knew by the way she was acting after we got back from the first vet visit. This sucks.

Comment

It damn sure aint no fun. It gets better, but not quickly. I still tear up from time to time about it. Now is one of those times.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Luckily she had a full life. RIP lil girl.

Comment

Real sorry for your loss man....losing a pet REALLY sucks! The best therapy is to save another one...soon.

The Vet I used to work for always sent his clients a card with this poem in it (after the loss of a pet).....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
                        There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
                        There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
                        The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

They gave me a copy of that with her remains. Took me about 4 tries to finish reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                            <Rainbow Bridge>
                            When I picked up my dog's ashes from the place they included a copy of this. Normally I'd think this kind of thing is stupid as hell but I read it and broke down crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              Real sorry for your loss man....losing a pet REALLY sucks! The best therapy is to save another one...soon.

The Vet I used to work for always sent his clients a card with this poem in it (after the loss of a pet).....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
                              There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
                              There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
                              The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
                              Another great poem. I choke up every time I read it

A Dog’s Last Will & Testament
                              Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…
                              To a poor and lonely stray I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.
                              I’d will to the sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in m human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.
                              So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.”
                              Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, andgive my place to him.
                              This is the only thing I can give…
                              The love I left behind.
                              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                              X