No announcement yet.

My dog died this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this man. Last year I lost my Rott and it was worse then loosing my father. I still miss her every day because like Scully she was by my side every day. I have to say though,My friend told me that we needed another dog because it would help our broken hearts because me,my wife and two boys were like you and loved our dog so we got another puppy and I have to say that it helped a ton.
    Get your self another pup because your not replacing Scully (you never will) your just making a new friend.
    Good luck man i know its tough.
    RIP Scully.

Comment

Sorry to read this brotha. Dogs are such a beautiful part of our life. Take comfort in knowing that she is in a better place.

Comment

Scully was a great dog, and we will miss her as well. Again, so sorry for your loss Eric.

Comment

Thank you guys. I can't put into words how bad yesterday was. This morning is marginally better. It's so quiet in the house, and my morning routine is different. I've been kind of walking around in a daze. It was so out of the blue that she got sick. I really thought I still had 3 to 5 years left with her. I'm thinking about adopting another border collie, but I don't want to replace her or rush into it. I won't let this keep me from owning another dog. She was very good for me through all the years. God it fucking sucks right now though.

Comment

Just throwing it out there, someone dumped a TX cattle dog at my buddies place. He took him to a vet and got a clean bill of health/ all shots updated, vet said he is neutered and is 1-1.5 yrs old. Looking for a home for him, I know it's fresh but let me know if you want to see a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Thank you guys. I can't put into words how bad yesterday was. This morning is marginally better. It's so quiet in the house, and my morning routine is different. I've been kind of walking around in a daze. It was so out of the blue that she got sick. I really thought I still had 3 to 5 years left with her. I'm thinking about adopting another border collie, but I don't want to replace her or rush into it. I won't let this keep me from owning another dog. She was very good for me through all the years. God it fucking sucks right now though.
              I'm feeling for ya man. Give me a shout when you're up for it.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Man, If I was in your shoes I would be at the SPCA right now. I wanted to adopt another buddy when Scooby had to be put down, and the wife put the brakes on that plan due to the two young kids. We have two other dogs, but they just arent the same.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We adopted another dog last week, 3 weeks after the last died. We weren't planning on getting another one that quickly but my wife found a 1 year old in the breed we wanted and we couldn't pass it up. It has definitely made things easier and helped to fill the void though.

Comment

Cry it out, man! I have every time I've been through this, and it never gets any easier. No shame in bawling, though. I know that when Bocephus and Clutch go, I'll be useless for days.

I can understand not wanting to rush into getting a new dog. As painful as the mourning process is, I think I'd want to get it mostly out of my system, on one hand because I would feel like my departed pal deserved as much, and on the other hand because a new pup doesn't deserve to have less than my full, positive attention.

It's a damn shame that good dogs can't stay with us a lot longer. One good way to look at it is while they could only be there to give us joy for a fraction of our life, we're able to bring them joy for nearly all of theirs.

Scully had it really good, Eric. She won the lottery with you, and you did everything for her that she could have ever wanted or needed, even at the very end. You gave her an awesome life, and she's given you a thousand great memories, I'm sure.

RIP, Scully.

Comment

Hate to hear it man. I understand not rushing into it, but there is something to be said for a new dog taking the edge off of the loss.

Comment

On a related note, Molly usually jumps up into my spot on the bed in the mornings when I get up and start getting ready. This morning I had to lay back down next to her and pet her for a few minutes, dreading the time when we have to go through the same.

Comment

Sad news man! RIP! Best medicine for this is to go out and find another dog similar to her. But I know what you mean on not rushing to replace her. GL
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            I can understand not wanting to rush into getting a new dog. As painful as the mourning process is, I think I'd want to get it mostly out of my system, on one hand because I would feel like my departed pal deserved as much, and on the other hand because a new pup doesn't deserve to have less than my full, positive attention.
                            This!

I never got another dog after my Chow-Chow Sydnie died. First off, I had to endure my youngest daughter come in hysterical that Syd-Syd was dead. I tried to calm her down and tell her that she was just sleeping but when I went out there she already had rigamortis set in and I had to take her out of her dog house. I took her up to my buddies land in Sherman and buried her, it was the toughest thing I ever had to do...

As I said in the text yesterday, hang in there Eric.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Man two posts on here about dogs passing away...and my MIL's lab died just last week...she was only 5 years old and thought to be healthy as anything.

Sorry for your loss Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                Man, If I was in your shoes I would be at the SPCA right now. I wanted to adopt another buddy when Scooby had to be put down, and the wife put the brakes on that plan due to the two young kids. We have two other dogs, but they just arent the same.
                                I've found another dog that I think would be a good fit. I found Scully unexpectedly, because of a former friend that "rescued" her, then I rescued her from him. It was pure luck that I ended up with a border collie, and I will never own any other breed of dog after learning how intelligent and sweet natured and expressive they are. I found a female mix that is obvously mostly BC like Scully was that is mottled brown and white and only a few months old. It is through a rescue group that only works with border collies. I have to fill out a bunch of paper work and be approved, but what Jared says below about owing it to her not to replace her immediately is exactly how I feel.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                                Cry it out, man! I have every time I've been through this, and it never gets any easier. No shame in bawling, though. I know that when Bocephus and Clutch go, I'll be useless for days.

It's a damn shame that good dogs can't stay with us a lot longer. One good way to look at it is while they could only be there to give us joy for a fraction of our life, we're able to bring them joy for nearly all of theirs.

Scully had it really good, Eric. She won the lottery with you, and you did everything for her that she could have ever wanted or needed, even at the very end. You gave her an awesome life, and she's given you a thousand great memories, I'm sure.

RIP, Scully.
                                Man, I've been crying off and on out of the blue since yesterday morning. Going to sleep last night was almost impossible, then the nightmares came. My eyes are burning. I REALLY agree with the bolded part. It wouldn't be fair to her, me, or the new dog. I've got to get it out of my system as much as I can before committing to taking care of another animal the way it deserves to be taken care of. The other unspoken problem is how precarious my work and health situations are right now. This couldn't have... well, yes, it could have happened at one other worse time, but this is probably the second. Thank you for the last two paragraphs. Great thoughts.

Thank you again everyone else. It means a lot to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X