Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops "smell meth" raid house, kill homeowner: No meth

lol @ the bolded. Give me a break.

The widow of an 80-year-old man who was shot dead by police during a drug raid on their home is suing for $50 million.

On the night of June 27th, Los Angeles County deputies raided the home of Eugene Mallory and Tonya Pate. Authorities claim they had probable cause to search the premises because they could smell chemicals used to make methamphetamine while standing outside the house. Police suspected Mallory of being involved in an illegal meth ring.

Mallory was asleep in bed when police entered his home. Pate said her husband has bad eyesight, and couldn’t tell that the men entering the house were police officers without his glasses.

What happened next is disputed by police and Pate. The deputies claim that Mallory pointed a gun at them, requiring them to take defensive measures. They shot him six times, and he died.

“Age does not preclude somebody from being aggressive toward deputies,” said Steve Whitmore, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, in a statement to local news. “The lesson here is, and obviously forgive me for stating the obvious, but don’t pull a gun on a deputy.”

But Pate maintained that her husband did no such thing.

“He would never point a gun at officers,” she said. “He was taken from me for no reason.”

Pate is suing the sheriff’s office for $50 million. The coroner’s office is also named in the suit; the office released Mallory’s body to an out-of-state relative, and Pate claimed he was cremated before her own investigators could perform an autopsy.

Police found no meth, nor evidence of a meth operation, inside the house. They did find marijuana — in Pate’s son’s room.

The sheriff’s department insists that the marijuana vindicates the raid.

“There was a drug operation that was certainly going on in this house,” said Whitmore.

All in all, it was a bad week of press for Los Angeles cops. One L.A. police lieutenant was arrested for soliciting a prostitute, and another officer has been temporarily relieved of duty after firing his gun in an effort to scare some kids who were bothering him.

The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department did not respond to requests for comment.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/16/po...#ixzz2iGX7XKrK

Fuck Comifornia! I'm so glad I don't live there anymore!

Comment

I hope she wins but the judge will make sure the dept never pays a dime

Comment

This article sucks. Did they have a warrant? How much weed was found? Did he die with a gun in his hand? Not that it matters, someone enters my house at night, I'd have my gun too.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          This article sucks. Did they have a warrant? How much weed was found? Did he die with a gun in his hand? Not that it matters, someone enters my house at night, I'd have my gun too.

I read a couple of other articles doing a search on their name. They had a warrant, and had apparently "smelled meth" for 4 days. The police say he confronted them as they came in with a .22. The coroners report shows the angle of the shots indicate he was laying down when shot, likely still in bed. Apparently his health was so far deteriorated he couldn't even shave himself any more. The police also say they found a "grow operation." What I'm seeing they really found was a small amount of medical weed in a trailer outside the house that the guys wifes son from another relationship lives in. Couldn't find an exact time of the raid, but yeah, wouldn't it make more sense to do it during the day instead of at night when a person is asleep and not going to be thinking clearly as someone busts down their door? Whole lot of stuff wrong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            There is nothing here that couldn't happen in Texas. Police have too much power.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I read a couple of other articles doing a search on their name. They had a warrant, and had apparently "smelled meth" for 4 days. The police say he confronted them as they came in with a .22. The coroners report shows the angle of the shots indicate he was laying down when shot, likely still in bed. Apparently his health was so far deteriorated he couldn't even shave himself any more. The police also say they found a "grow operation." What I'm seeing they really found was a small amount of medical weed in a trailer outside the house that the guys wifes son from another relationship lives in. Couldn't find an exact time of the raid, but yeah, wouldn't it make more sense to do it during the day instead of at night when a person is asleep and not going to be thinking clearly as someone busts down their door? Whole lot of stuff wrong with this one.
            Yup, a lot of stuff wrong.

Comment

Only info I can find is that Cali had around 75k cops in 2004, Texas had around 74,000 in 2009. Texas has a larger force per capita than cali does, so yes, abuse could just as easily happen here.

Comment

When do we get to scrap to current police system and rebuild it where they can't fuck us at every turn?

Comment

Sounds like the cops have been watching to much Breaking Bad. Sucks for that family and I hope they get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    and another officer has been temporarily relieved of duty after firing his gun in an effort to scare some kids who were bothering him.
                    lmao
                    Street car.

Comment

I wouldnt be suprised if someone pulled a terminator one of these days and walked into a police station and unleashing hell if they lost a loved one to police action like this.

I'm certainly not advocating such a terrible response, but i can understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        When do we get to scrap to current police system and rebuild it where they can't fuck us at every turn?
                        About the same time we scrap the government that does the same.
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                          About the same time we scrap the government that does the same.
                          How's your war with Wylie PD going?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            Yeah, never hear about piss poor police work anywhere else.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Once we cross that point that none of us can really predict. I doubt any of it will happen in a civilized manner and the LEOs will likely being taking care of their own shit when that happens.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Does Meth have a powerful smell?

Comment

Working...
                              X