Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent people...

...are still out there. How do I know?

My youngest sister has/had worked at a vet clinic in Denton forever. Every once in awhile one of the other vet clinics nearby would ask her to come work for them. They had always really liked my sister and told her when she wasn't happy where she was at and wanted to leave, that she had another job immediately. She never wanted to leave her old job, but as time went on several things started to happen to the business and it wasn't going to work out. She has now been working at this other vet clinic for about three years and they have treated her so well. To make a long story short, just this last week her boss told her that she is going to send my sister, her four year old daughter, and my mother to Disney World for a week on his dime. My sister is a loyal worker and has only had these two jobs over the course of about ten years after high school, but there is no way in hell she could ever afford to do something like that with her daughter. It's hard to believe, especially now with the economy being what it is, that there are still people who do things like this. You always hear about the dickheads in charge and here is the opposite extreme...

that is excellent...

imo, it is kind of paying it forward. that show Undercover Boss shows the CEO doing good things for his people, but only after kind of being forced to see the things they do in an environment that is not what he would see day-to-day. for her boss to do it the way she did shows that she truly appreciates your sister.

good to hear.

Comment

kind of funny that you would post a thread titled "decent people", yet have Brad Wesley as your avatar...

Comment

great to hear.

any pics of your sister?

Comment

J.C. Penney
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Cool story. They are out there just few in numbers
            99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
            going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

cool, plug the vet. who is it? there may be someone looking for a vet and might be close.
              95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

That Pretty cool to hear ... your correct that most people are too selfish to be decent.

Comment

Working...
                X