How much for a replacement key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a replacement key?

Long story short, my wife lost the spare key for my F-150. Any idea how much its gonna cost for a new one?

I bet around 200 bucks. Those keys aren't cheap.

Edit
    What year?

Comment

if it would help at all i have my spare in the gun safe from my old 2011. i know that sounds dumb, but i mean like all the electronics and crap and maybe they just replace the blank?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 2011gt View Post
        i bet around 200 bucks. Those keys aren't cheap.

Edit
        what year?
        doh! 2012..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          doh! 2012..

I'd bet 200 is pretty close. Those suckers aren't cheap. Does it also have the alarm all integrated into it like the new Mustangs do?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I'd bet 200 is pretty close. Those suckers aren't cheap. Does it also have the alarm all integrated into it like the new Mustangs do?
            I'm gonna go tear her Equinox apart tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              I'm gonna go tear her Equinox apart tomorrow..

What's really going to be fun is if you have to take the truck to the dealer so they can specifically program the key to it.

Paul, they might be able to if it is the same configuration. Chances are they will still have to program it to the truck since Ford has been using PATS forever. Still going to be costly.

Comment

Yeah, um...
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Might try a mobile key guy if it needs programmed. Forgot the guys name that use to come to the shop I was at. But may cost less than wasted time,wrecker bill and key programming

Comment

I don't know what year model it is, but if you look around, you can get one for $50. At least that is what it cost for our 07 F150.

Comment

I got one for a 2011 Shelby the other day and it came out to $106.
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Search eBay. I bought one for the wife's car for like $30 then took it to lowes and they cut the pattern for free.

Comment

If you have two programmed Ford keys, you can program a third. This is why it is important to have at least 3 programmed keys. If you lose one, you can get another and program it yourself.

Comment

spare key

about 50 if they clone it about 75 if they hook up and program

If the spare was your last then about 150

Comment

2012 probably means key has remote fob attached to it. Plain keys are around $8 wholesale.

Comment

Working...
                              X