Weird feeling: childhood home GONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird feeling: childhood home GONE

I know nothing lasts forever, but this is a decent neighborhood in west Arlington. The house I lived in from 4th-to-11th grade is an empty lot, along with the houses on either side and a few across the street. The rest of the neighborhood is fine.

I can't imagine why they'd get taken out. House fire was my first thought, but I've never seen a fire take out half a dozen houses and leave nothing but empty lots.

Maybe it's just because it's so unexpected, but it kind of makes me sad. The curb out front still has grind marks from my skateboard trucks dating back to 1988.

Meth explosion?

Comment

My childhood home was towed away years ago.

Comment

Think I just figured it out:

Comment

12 million approved in 08 wow.

Comment

Yeah, I know the feeling. My grandparents' house got leveled for a shopping center.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Yeah, I know the feeling. My grandparents' house got leveled for a shopping center.
              It's weird, right? All the memories and nostalgia baked into the walls and it's just gone. Time to make some new memories I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                12 million approved in 08 wow.
                They better show them the money.

Comment

House I grew up in is now where the Pizza Hut in Greenville is. It was built by my great grandfather in 1951, I lived in it from 84 - 91, was a little surreal watching a trackhoe take it to the ground and load it into dump trucks.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    House I grew up in is now where the Pizza Hut in Greenville is. It was built by my great grandfather in 1951, I lived in it from 84 - 91, was a little surreal watching a trackhoe take it to the ground and load it into dump trucks.
                    Man, I'm sure it's worse to watch it come down.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Man, I'm sure it's worse to watch it come down.
                      50/50 I was a little saddened to see it go, but I'm in construction and love seeing big machines earn their keep.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

It's weird, right? All the memories and nostalgia baked into the walls and it's just gone. Time to make some new memories I guess.
                        It took me years to wrap my mind around how my grandfather and his family could sell his parents' house to someone outside the family. I spent so many summers there when I was a kid.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Yeah. It wasn't so bad when someone else owned it, because I really believed deep down that one day I'd buy it back. It's an irrational idea, I know, but I spent the first 3 years of my life there, and now a really chintzy golf shop and an eye-masters are on that lot.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The house I grew up in burnt down when I was 20. It is a weird feeling.

Comment

house I grew up in is still standing. Not a great neighborhood then, last time I rolled thru, I wished I had body armor. They say you cant go home for a reason....

Comment

Working...
                              X