F-150 Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
    I went to look at a 99 with the 7.3, It was a crew cab/dually with 220k miles. He wanted 6700, I almost purchased but It had a real bad vibration at idle and needed ball joints and other stuff so I passed. I have seen lots of Trucks with the 6.0 but I heard to stay away from them also.
    Was it a standard and when it first cranked?
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I love my f150 2010 supercrew with a 3v 4.6 sucker hauls my fox on a 18ft trailer with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
        I have seen lots of Trucks with the 6.0 but I heard to stay away from them also.
        Get one that already has head studs and get delete, and the rest is very manageable
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

probably out of your price range but the 5.0 in the 2011+ is pretty nice. I haven't tried pulling anything yet with mine. I have had a pallet of ceramic tile in the bed, then a trip with 1200lbs worth of dumbbells, and it goes good with a 4x4 ATV in the bed as well.
          2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
          1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Was it a standard and when it first cranked?
            It was an Auto, It was a continuos sound at idle, We let it warm up, Drove it and when we came back it was still making it.
            Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
              probably out of your price range but the 5.0 in the 2011+ is pretty nice. I haven't tried pulling anything yet with mine. I have had a pallet of ceramic tile in the bed, then a trip with 1200lbs worth of dumbbells, and it goes good with a 4x4 ATV in the bed as well.
              I would love to have one but yes they are a little out of my price range, lol
              Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                I love my 02 F150 Supercrew FX4 Lariat. 5.4 with 120k and it runs great. I did plugs not more than 2k miles ago and a battery my last trip home (it sits WAY too much) and that is the extent of the maint is has needed in the 5 years I have owned it.
                Wow that's weird. Both you and I have (well I had) 95 Mustangs and now I find out that you have a an 02 SuperCrew and I have one to. You might want to buy a Battery Tender to help with keeping the battery in good condition when it sits for long periods of time.

I have an 2002 F-150 SuperCrew with the 5.4. Just turned over 200K miles on it. Never had a problem towing a car before which I've done a couple of times as well as two Sportsbikes.

Comment

my 09 f150 w/ a 5.4 was a dog too, but it had plenty of torque, just dont race anyone.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

My brother in laws 04 F150 with the 5.4 did ok pulling a trailer with my old 1974 El Camino on it and that was a tank. Again I wouldn't race anyone but it pulled and got decent fuel econ doing it
                    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                    1990 GT Convertible

Comment

I had a 2002 f150 extended cab 4x4 pickup with the 5.4 and it wouldn't win any drag races but it towed my race car just fine. I also have a 2000 expedition with the 5.4 and it also tows well but the suspension is a bit too soft and it wallows a lot on the highway pulling a trailer.

I had to sell the pickup when gas spiked way up the first time. I was getting about 14mpg and it was taking me two tanks of gas a week to drive the daily 100 mile round trip to work and that was killing me financially. I did really like that truck and i got a good trade in value for it.

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
                        Do you even lift bro?
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I have an 07 supercrew with the 5.4. 115k miles and I've only done plugs oil changes and brakes. I plan to keep this one til the wheels fall off
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I had an 03 supercrew and I always thought it had plenty of power until I traded it in on a Raptor with the 6.2L and realized how slow that truck was lol. Look for oil leaks at the corner of the heads(I think it is the front on drivers side and rear on passenger) I had to put head gaskets on mine at 60k, from what I read 03 was the last year for that issue.

Comment

I just bought a 2011 XLT 4X4 Supercrew w/ Ecoboost, I'm really enjoying it so far. It's my first ford.

Comment

I have an 05 F150 SCREW FX4 with the 5.4 and used to pull a 5th wheel, and towed a enclosed 28ft loaded down to around 11-12k and from Az to here and no problem. I put an edge tuner on it and that woke it up a lot. It now has 148k on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X