No announcement yet.

To Buy or Not Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lean towards keeping it as well. However I would at least try and figure out what is causing the oil issue and figure out if it is worth fixing or not.

Comment

With $10k, you can probably more than go through that truck and have it as good as new for another 145k. For $30-40kish you can get a new truck. How much do you want a new one?

Comment

Well my truck didn't act good today. Was on my way to the ranch when it started sputtering & then the engine check light came on. Was able to turn it around & drive back home slowly. Under acceleration it with sputter but once I would let off the gas pedal it would stop. Seems like a fuel issue I hope so will start with the fuel filter first.

Comment

Make sure all your plugs are in. You usually hear a big bang when they pop, but you never know.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

No payments. My tahoe has 201,000+ miles on it. I paid $5,000 when I bought with 197k on it, put $3,000 into it with tires and engine work, and it drives like new. Uses half a quart or so between changes. It is also the car we take out of town due to the extra room. No payments, and if something breaks I will fix it or pay someone to fix it.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
              Well my truck didn't act good today. Was on my way to the ranch when it started sputtering & then the engine check light came on. Was able to turn it around & drive back home slowly. Under acceleration it with sputter but once I would let off the gas pedal it would stop. Seems like a fuel issue I hope so will start with the fuel filter first.
              I've had a few of those trucks and around that same mileage I started having similar issues as you note and it was coil packs. Maybe check into that.
              2017 Infinity Q50s Red Sport
              2002 NSX

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                No payments. My tahoe has 201,000+ miles on it. I paid $5,000 when I bought with 197k on it, put $3,000 into it with tires and engine work, and it drives like new. Uses half a quart or so between changes. It is also the car we take out of town due to the extra room. No payments, and if something breaks I will fix it or pay someone to fix it.
                So you've put 4000 miles on it? Stellar performance.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  So you've put 4000 miles on it? Stellar performance.
                  Yes I put about 4k on it so far. Before that it made it to 197k. My point is with a little maintenance the OP's truck has a alot of life left in it. Unless of course he goes your route and has he government buy him a new car when he signs up for food stamps and government housing.

Comment

Changed the fuel filter & had the battery disconnected. After I reconnected the batter & started it back up the engine service light did not come back on but it still is missing/sputtering a little.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      Yes I put about 4k on it so far. Before that it made it to 197k. My point is with a little maintenance the OP's truck has a alot of life left in it. Unless of course he goes your route and has he government buy him a new car when he signs up for food stamps and government housing.
                      On a serious note, where can you sign up for one of these government funded new cars? I'm gonna apply for a 2014 z/28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                        Changed the fuel filter & had the battery disconnected. After I reconnected the batter & started it back up the engine service light did not come back on but it still is missing/sputtering a little.
                        Spark plugs/coils.

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking the plugs or coils but would they cause it to not start after the truck cuts off??? If the truck turns off on me then it takes some time for it to turn back on.

Comment

I've put many a coil on those.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                              On a serious note, where can you sign up for one of these government funded new cars? I'm gonna apply for a 2014 z/28

Lone Star Card. Just take cash back and use that for payments. People do that all the time as well as use the cash for lottery, beer, cigarrettes, etc.

Comment

you're the expert!
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X