No announcement yet.

Letting People Test Drive Motorcycle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting People Test Drive Motorcycle...

So, I'm selling a Yamaha V-Star 1100 (2003) - and am getting some hits. It just hit me that I don't know how to handle allowing them to test drive it. It does not have insurance/anything current and it's not like a car where you can ride along.

How do y'all handle that? Ask for something to keep them on record if they steal it?

For most that don't know, I don't ride or anything. Just selling this thing for a family member who is in jail and owes us money and could use some commissary money.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

No cash in my hand to hold, no test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      Yep, with a written agreement that if the person wrecks it, they bought it and you are not liable for medical bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        Yep, with a written agreement that if the person wrecks it, they bought it and you are not liable for medical bills.
        Yes.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

And yes.
          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

100% deposit

Comment

Also verify who they are. Don't accept a drivers license only. I've seen guys hand a seller a drivers license, guy rides off, never returns and the drivers license wasn't even the guy that rode off with it.

Comment

Just hop on, nut to butt

Comment

I let the guy who bought my bandit test ride, he had a M endorsement and I had the cash in hand before he took off.

It went down like this: he looked the bike over, we talked about what history I knew of it. He wanted to ride it, I told him we could either talk about price first, and he could ride it and decide if he was in or out, or he could hand me my full asking price and go for a ride, and if he dumps it, I get the full price. He chose to make me an offer, ride it, and seal the deal when he got back. Either way, if he laid it down it was his, and that was what the money in my hand was for. It went well for both of us.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    Just hop on, nut to butt
                    Fuck that shit. I will be damned if I allow my life to be changed by someones lack of ability to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                      I would say this as well
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Fuck that shit. I will be damned if I allow my life to be changed by someones lack of ability to ride.
                        Right!?!
                        Fuck that noise! Give me money.

Comment

When I sold my F4i i stated in the cl ad that if you wanted to test ride it I needed the full amount in my hand and their drivers license. I had 2 people come look at it and one of them tried to give me a check to hold on to which I declined. The other guy didnt have any money, or license and tried to talk me into a good faith deal. The guy that bought it brought his uncle and handed me the cash while he went for a test ride. His uncle stayed with me which I was fine with. I also had my pistol on my hip not concealed. That guy bough it and the transaction was smooth.
                          Any time I sell anything on cl worth a lot I stick my pistol on my hip and explain to whom ever comes why I have it on me. So far Iv never had a bad transaction off of cl.

Comment

I'm quite certain he was kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                              100% deposit
                              That seems to be the only sensible way to go about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X