Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many motherf*ckin spiders in this motherf*ckin car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many motherf*ckin spiders in this motherf*ckin car...

Ban spiders.
    Blame it on the spiders — Toyota is. The car manufacturer said it will recall 870,000 vehicles to check whether the arachnids sneaked in and constructed webs that ultimately can block the air-conditioning units from properly draining and cause a short circuit in the airbags.

The water has no place to go but to drip into the airbag control module — and that causes a short circuit, CNN reported. Drivers would see the airbag warning light up, and in worst-case scenarios, the bag might actually deploy. The mischief-making spiders could also lead to a loss of power-steering, Toyota said, in the report.

The company reported three cases of undue airbag deployment and 35 instances of warning lights coming on in error, CNN reported. And the common denominator among the vehicles: The presence of spider webs.

Still, Toyota spokeswoman Cindy Knight said the company couldn’t say with 100 percent accuracy that spiders were to blame for the problem. But Toyota is recalling model year 2012 and 2013 Camrys, Venzas and Avalons, along with the hybrid versions of these cars.

Spider issues with vehicles aren’t unheard of. In 2011, Mazda recalled 52,000 of its Mazda6 sedans after discovering webs constructed inside a vent line were causing problems with the gasoline tank.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2i5EcOjd5
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...iders-ac-unit/

and the difference is: Toyota will call back all cars that COULD BE affected, just to check them out and make sure it isnt an issue, whereas the big 3 would cover it up and write them off as isolated incidents.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      and the difference is: Toyota will call back all cars that COULD BE affected, just to check them out and make sure it isnt an issue, whereas the big 3 would cover it up and write them off as isolated incidents.
      Yes just like the stuck accelerator pedal!

Comment

^^^^ so true on both accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
          Yes just like the stuck accelerator pedal!
          There were millions of recalls from that incident. It wasn't until after it was made public that stuck accelerator pedal claims dramatically increased. It reminds me of the Firestone/SUV rollover bullshit from years ago. Can't blame stupid driving. Must blame manufacturer.

Comment

That is the weirdest recall I have heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              There were millions of recalls from that incident. It wasn't until after it was made public that stuck accelerator pedal claims dramatically increased. It reminds me of the Firestone/SUV rollover bullshit from years ago. Can't blame stupid driving. Must blame manufacturer.
              It took Toyota forever to fix the problem. Blamed it on floor mats for the longest time. Also if you've ever driving a Prius you can't just move the gear shift into neutral or park as those positions are not directly connected to the shifter. It's all electronic.

Comment

It took Toyota forever to fix the problem. Blamed it on floor mats for the longest time. Also if you've ever driving a Prius you can't just move the gear shift into neutral or park as those positions are not directly connected to the shifter. It's all electronic.
                We'rent there multiple conflicting stories from the first incident?

Comment

Yeah I read the same Wiki article. It also states the NHTSA could not find any concrete evidence there was ever anything wrong.
                  On February 8, 2011, the NHTSA, in collaboration with NASA, released its findings into the investigation on the Toyota drive-by-wire throttle system. After a 10-month search, NASA and NHTSA scientists found no electronic defect in Toyota vehicles.[28] Driver error or pedal misapplication was found responsible for most of the incidents.[29] The report ended stating, "Our conclusion is Toyota's problems were mechanical, not electrical." This included sticking accelerator pedals, and pedals caught under floor mats.

Comment

The butterfly effect of the automobile world.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Mazda bought back a lot of cars a few years back that were infested with spiders. A bunch of vehicles where being stored at a lot in the desert and were taken over. Sadly I only know this because I actually handled a few of the buy backs . They bought them back under lemon law.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                        Mazda bought back a lot of cars a few years back that were infested with spiders. A bunch of vehicles where being stored at a lot in the desert and were taken over. Sadly I only know this because I actually handled a few of the buy backs . They bought them back under lemon law.
                        They couldn't just bug bomb them?

Comment

Working...
                        X