Cop shoots unarmed man WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
    Again, they LIED on the report- they stated he approached them when the video proves they lied.. are you going to continue to ignore it? Your opinion is that "state of mind" should be grounds for them to falsify am official report? "Perception" is grounds for lying?

Stevo
    im basing it on him standing up suddenly and knocking the chair from behind him, what he was holding and what he may have been saying. im not basing it on their report im basing it on what i observed on the video and felt happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
      im basing it on him standing up suddenly and knocking the chair from behind him, what he was holding and what he may have been saying. im not basing it on their report im basing it on what i observed on the video and felt happened.
      Thanks for clarifying that you are indifferent about the fact that they lied on the official report.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that you are indifferent about the fact that they lied on the official report.

Stevo
        That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Comment

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
          Yes, we know. You responded to MY comment so you know exactly what I was asking, you once again failed to address/ignored my question, and are now attempting to spin your lack of answering it. You are purposely ignoring the fact that they lied on the police report.

Stevo
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

nothing in what you just quoted showed the neighbor as saying he did or did not have a knife. if he has a knife then that add's to the officers mental state and why the preceived things differently. if he does not have a knife then they completely fabricated the entire thing on purpose so they could shoot someone.
            What happens when a citizen falsifies a police report in which there was a death?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• The police report states Bennett lunged at the officers and one opened fire.
              a quick thrust or jab (as of a sword) usually made by leaning or striding forward; a sudden forward rush or reach… See the full definition

Full Definition of LUNGE
              1: a quick thrust or jab (as of a sword) usually made by leaning or striding forward
              2: a sudden forward rush or reach <made a lunge to catch the ball>

Stevo

Comment

Yes, we know. You responded to MY comment so you know exactly what I was asking, you once again failed to address/ignored my question, and are now attempting to spin your lack of answering it. You are purposely ignoring the fact that they lied on the police report.

Stevo
                Just as you spun mine. I'll assume we are done here. We apparently are not responding the way the other wants.

Comment

Just as you spun mine. I'll assume we are done here. We apparently are not responding the way the other wants.
                  I'm still waiting for you to actually respond to the my questions raised in post that you quoted. Your continued refusal speaks volumes.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  I have to ask everyone this: why do you keep mentioning the possibility of the knife and the validity of the shooting, when it is a KNOWN fact that they LIED about what happened? They LIED about him "lunging" and approaching them, and they would have kept lying and covering it up had a citizen not come forth and showed video proof. Should it just be ignored?

Stevo

Stevo

Comment

• I don't know jack about city civil service (the Dallas model), but why the hell have a discipline hearing so fast on this deal ? Seems rather odd that this comes up that quick?

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      I don't know jack about city civil service (the Dallas model), but why the hell have a discipline hearing so fast on this deal ? Seems rather odd that this comes up that quick?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/disci...229010281.html
                      They are attempting to distance themselves and their department from a lying cop.

Stevo

Comment

• Good deal. Seems it was done right, he was fired.

Of course, I'm guessing the rest of us would be in jail too or at least out on bond.

DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police say an officer who shot a mentally ill man in a disputed incident caught on tape has been fired.

Police Chief David Brown apologized Thursday for the actions of Officer Cardan Spencer. He had been on administrative leave following the October 14th shooting.

Brown initially said at a news conference that Spencer would face a charge of aggravated assault. But police later issued a statement saying a judge declined to sign the warrant. The case will go to a grand jury instead.

Spencer wrote in a police report that he shot Bobby Gerald Bennett after the 52-year-old man lunged at him and another officer with a knife. But video captured by a neighbor's surveillance camera shows Bennett didn't appear to move toward the officers before he was shot.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• he should be charged with attempted murder.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            he should be charged with attempted murder.

god bless.
                            AADW until the vic dies, then homicide

Comment

• When does the other lying piece of shit cop get fired for lying with him on the official police report?

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X