No announcement yet.

Would you adopt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would totally adopt, but the plan is for us to eventually become foster parents, and not have any of our own.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Kudos to you man! I have known two couples that have done that. Hard but rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Back to normal and acting like a knucklehead. Don't know what was up with her. Neither did the vet, but I still got a nice little bill for $400.
        Awesome that she is feeling better, sucks about the bill.

Comment

We are extremely blessed to have adopted our son. We've started talking about fostering. We'll just have to see how it goes..

Been having a great time watching the Saints with my boy in the back yard..

Comment

Mine are both adopted. We could have pursued some medical help for natural means, but we haven't. No conclusive medical reason we haven't. We just always knew we wanted to adopt.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Same boat sir. I feel I am too old for an infant anyways. I see it as it is better for ne to pass my knowledge on than it to dissolve with me, even though I know I am far from perfect.
              I'm not opposed to us having a child together if our path takes us that way, though turning 37 next week does shorten that window of possibility. Regardless, I have every intention of being there for her daughter as much as any adoptive/foster parent would. Not so much that I've got all sorts of wisdom to impart (although I am pretty close to perfect ), I will simply be there for her and show love and support.

Comment

If the wife and I did not have our own, we would not have adopted any kids. Really, we did not give much thought to having our own. We were married over 10 years, in acceptable financial shape and decided to just kind of give it a go for a kid. Ended up with twins and what a blessing for us... even though I almost passed out hearing twins, since I was not sure I could handle one kiddo.

With that said - now that I understand the joy of kids - yes, we would've considered it if having them ourselves was not an option. Before these two though, I avoided all kids at all costs. They were all the same to me - puke/pooping/bratty/crying/a-hole acting machines.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We have two grown girls, then took on my great nephew when he was 3. He's 11 now, and no regrets. It was either us or CPS at the time. Not one other family member stepped up, so we felt we needed too.

Comment

We will probably adopt/work on adopting in the next year or two.

Comment

We looked into it when the doc told us my wife wouldnt be able to have kids naturally. He was wrong twice, but the last one nearly killed her, so we couldnt have another one of our own naturally anyway now. THe people I call "family" are not of any relation to me, so I wouldnt hesitate to adopt.

My BIL and his wife have this odd plan to adopt from 3rd world countries. The rest of us know that they are broke and dont have a clue about the cost, but they arent that smart anyways.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I recently had my vasectomy reversed and my wife and I are currently trying traditional methods a few times a week (solid brag), we are giving it a few months but if it doesn't happen then it will be on to IUI, and if that doesn't take we will probably adopt. I am 41 and she is 37 so the clock is ticking.

Comment

I've always wanted to donate sperm.

And I would definitely adopt

Comment

I would but age would be an issue for me also . I and 2 of my sisters are adopted and I also have a brother and sister who are natural born to my parents . I could write a novel on the differences and now that I have a child I have discovered so many things I never noticed growing up that have made lots of things way more clear .
                            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                            X