Would you adopt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you adopt?

Current local news, sports, entertainment and information for Naples, Florida, residents and tourists in the 239 area code from the Naples Daily News.

Great story, terribly written though
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Yep. Lots of victims of circumstance beyond their control need a good home, not just newborns. Me and Dot plan to adopt on the count there's something wrong with my semen.

No healthy white baby. What else you got? They said they had two Koreans and a negro born with his heart on the outside...

Comment

Christian & I are right now. After losing the twins last year, we decided it just wasn't in the cards for us. Then my cousin called because a family member's baby had been taken by CPS & they wanted us to take her because they knew our story. So we are adopting through CPS kinship care program because they won't allow her near her bio mom. I love her like she was my own.
      sigpic

Comment

I would adopt, and have considered the idea of doing so when I'm a bit older and our natural children have grown and moved on. My Step-Father's brother and his wife did that. They fostered 2 kids after raising 3 of their own, and eventually adopted them.

The only thing, and I know it comes off as selfish to say this, I would be hesitant to adopt any child other than an infant or young toddler. I would be too worried that they may already have behavioral or mental issues that could not be overcome.

I have a lot of respect for those willing to do so though.

BTW, age would be my only hang-up. Race would not matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
          Christian & I are right now. After losing the twins last year, we decided it just wasn't in the cards for us. Then my cousin called because a family member's baby had been taken by CPS & they wanted us to take her because they knew our story. So we are adopting through CPS kinship care program because they won't allow her near her bio mom. I love her like she was my own.
          She is an awesome little girl too. I can't wait until the adoption is complete, for you guys!

Comment

i would never pass up the chance to help a child. be they mine or not.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Already did.

Comment

Sure would.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Already did.

How's she doing?

Comment

My dad, aunt, and uncle were all adopted. I have no problems with adoption, especially knowing how my dad feels about his parents vs his biological ones. me and the old lady have talked about it a bit, but selfish as it might be since the blood line reset with my father and i, a part of me does want to carry that on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      How's she doing?

Back to normal and acting like a knucklehead. Don't know what was up with her. Neither did the vet, but I still got a nice little bill for $400.

Comment

My girlfriend has an 11 year old, so that's an adoption of sorts.

Comment

I want a black baby, ill name him naynay and we will move to Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Back to normal and acting like a knucklehead. Don't know what was up with her. Neither did the vet, but I still got a nice little bill for $400.
                            My wallet just took a hit from a pitbull that attacked my oldest great dane. She's fine now though. Glad yours is better too.

I would adopt if I wanted more kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              My girlfriend has an 11 year old, so that's an adoption of sorts.
                              Same boat sir. I feel I am too old for an infant anyways. I see it as it is better for ne to pass my knowledge on than it to dissolve with me, even though I know I am far from perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X