Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating bacon lowers sperm quality, study shows

meh, sorry kids.

Eating bacon can significantly lower a man’s sperm quality, Medical Daily reported.

In a study presented at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine’s 2013 Annual Meeting in Boston, researchers from Harvard University gathered data from 156 men who were undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVR) with a partner. Each couple was asked questions about their diet, including how often they consumed processed meat, red meat, white meat, poultry, and fish.

Overall, men who consumed more than half a portion of processed meats such as bacon each day had significantly lower levels of “normal” sperm, compared to men who ate less than half a portion of processed meats per day.

Additionally, the researchers also discovered that some foods seemed to increase sperm quality.

“We found the effect of processed meat intake lowered quality, and fish raised quality,” said study author Dr. Myriam Afeiche, from the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH).

However, some health professionals have expressed doubts about the study’s findings. Dr. Allan Pacey, chairman of the British Fertility Society, took issue with the way the researcher’s measured sperm quality and pointed out that the study included a small sample size.

“The relationship between diet and men’s fertility is an interesting one, and there is certainly now convincing evidence that men who eat more fresh fruit and vegetables have better sperm than men who don’t,” Pacey said. “However, less is known about the fertility of men with poor diets and whether specific foods can be linked to poor sperm quality.”
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

So bacon really is from heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      So bacon really is from heaven?
      They need to use this research in the pill for men.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I said it last night on FB, and I'll say it again. This study is fucking bullshit. All lies.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Just sounds like another reason to eat the shit out of it . Had some last night as a matter of fact .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I said it last night on FB, and I'll say it again. This study is fucking bullshit. All lies.
            So that's where you homos are hanging out at, huh...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

What a pleasant way to become sterile!

Comment

I think a little bit of heaven just rained down.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I haven't had bacon in months. My wife just might get that second kid she has been wanting this month when I see her.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                  X