Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustang 50th Anniversary: anybody going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you flying or driving H?

god bless
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      you flying or driving H?
      I'll be doing the drive. Only question will be if I'm taking the 5.0 or the BAD-SVT...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm surprised all of you are going...

<-- definitely staying out of Norman that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          I'll be doing the drive. Only question will be if I'm taking the 5.0 or the BAD-SVT...
          That is a very hard drive me and a friend did it once. Just once. Rest of the time we fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            there's only 180 days to get everyone to say they are in, talk about going, then back out at the last second.
            Fucking LOLZ!!

Comment

Las Vegas GTG without Kim = boring!

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                That is a very hard drive me and a friend did it once. Just once. Rest of the time we fly.

Pussy. A friend and I drove straight through without sleeping, only stopping for gas, in a 2.3 liter 5 speed 94 Ranger Splash towing an SVO on a dolly to trade in Vegas. Ever try driving through the Rockies uphill in snow with a 2.3 Ranger towing a 3000 pound car at night with sleep deprivation? It tops out up hill at 35mph, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Pussy. A friend and I drove straight through without sleeping, only stopping for gas, in a 2.3 liter 5 speed 94 Ranger Splash towing an SVO on a dolly to trade in Vegas. Ever try driving through the Rockies uphill in snow with a 2.3 Ranger towing a 3000 pound car at night with sleep deprivation? It tops out up hill at 35mph, fyi.
                  How long?
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm a definite maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      How long?

I can't remember if it was 24 hours or 30 hours to get there. I know when we finally stopped gambling and drinking(we stopped drinking because we'd been awake so long it wasn't even doing anything), and headed out of Vegas proper and found a hotel about an hour away we'd been awake something like 42 hours. It was the longest I've ever stayed awake in my life, and still is. Hallucinations were fun. After that hotel we drove straight all the way back the same way, no working gas gauge, just swapping driver/passenger and filling it back up every 2 hours. When I got home I crashed for something like 20 hours. Also the longest I've ever slept.

Comment

I might be getting in on this.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I can't remember if it was 24 hours or 30 hours to get there. I know when we finally stopped gambling and drinking(we stopped drinking because we'd been awake so long it wasn't even doing anything), and headed out of Vegas proper and found a hotel about an hour away we'd been awake something like 42 hours. It was the longest I've ever stayed awake in my life, and still is. Hallucinations were fun. After that hotel we drove straight all the way back the same way, no working gas gauge, just swapping driver/passenger and filling it back up every 2 hours. When I got home I crashed for something like 20 hours. Also the longest I've ever slept.
                          Damn, I might have to drive to Norman, fly to Vegas. I might be able to handle two days at 12hrs a day though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was "only" 24. And we were topping out at around 70, at BEST. A lot slower some of the time with the terrain. Google Maps says 17 hours from my house to Vegas.

Comment

Sweet!! They'll have a short road course for the folks that like to actually drive their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                                I'm in......for now
                                This sounds like fun. Who's riding shotgun? Planning on taking the fam.?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X