How do you spend your time off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Woodworking or woodturning projects. Then a lot of playing around with my kid..
    Are your working from home days ending anytime soon?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Meg approves this message.

Comment

I don't get any days off.

Comment

Tinker around the house or hit up my hockey shooting cage.

Comment

My favorite vacations have been ones with no destination. The wife and I just pick a direction and drive. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Meg approves this message.
              Nope. Our job has too much travel to justify an office. Besides, they don't have nearly enough office space for all of us to go back to work. Haven't they leased out half the old EDS God Pod?

I'd definitely be gone if they killed off telecommuting. I got up at 6:30 this morning and worked for nearly 12 hours. I was so busy that I forgot that I was still in my PJ's. It's been crazy over the last couple of months. I've got this project that has been my personal baby for the last year and is about to bear fruit with a pilot project worth $5million that has the potential to build to $50million...

and I won't get a damn dime of it..

Comment

Using my 107 days starting tomorrow. Now it is going to spent looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  I had a job like that for 3.5 years. I never took a vacation, and the only time I was able to "get away" was a 3-day weekend at the Riverwalk in S.A. with my gf at the time, and I still got called a few times. I finally got fed-up and quit. Not that I was some important badass or anything, but my manager was super-pissed. "You can't quit, you've got to do this, this, and that before you leave." Me: "Find somebody else to do it." It was nice on my final paycheck getting paid for all of my vacation hours though.
                  The third party t-mobile I worked for would do the same thing. They'd staff just enough people in the store so that if someone needed over two days off a week, we'd get fucked over and have to work extra hours to cover it. I asked to take 3 days off to go see my brother in Austin, they told me I couldn't because we didn't have enough people to cover my shifts or close the store because only 3 people at that store knew how, and my manager wasn't going to close for damn sure. That helped me make my decision to put in my two weeks notice a few days later. Fuck em.

Comment

Working...
                  X