HTC One vs Galaxy S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC One vs Galaxy S4

Going to order a new phone at work and have it down to either the HTC One or the Galaxy S4. Leaning towards the HTC, just from some rants I've heard about battery life on the Galaxy.

Anyone have experience with these, pro or con for either?

Currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 1, yeah, it's old! It's served it purpose well, but going back to a little smaller phone, plus I never really use the S pen, maybe 4 times since I had it just to fuck around.

Can't go wrong with either, just mess with both and see which one you like more.
    If you're that worried about battery life, it helps having the ability to swap batteries, which the One cant.
    sigpic

Comment

I really like my htc one. My only complaint is the size and it really is not a complaint. I don't like cases they mess up the feel of the phone in my hand. This phone has a great feel to it and is very solid. But it is so thin that I had to put a case on it to keep it in my hands.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

It's all done on line, but I could go into a local AT&T store and check them out in person too. Since it is our corporate account, has to be done via a special website and login/passwd

Jluv, what'chya think of your Galaxy now???

Edit: Yeah, I do not like cases either, never use one on any phone I have. Have too much shit in my pockets as it is, case adds more bulk!

Comment

The S4 on ATT dont know if you root and use custom roms, but they just rolled out a update a few months ago that has the boot loaders locked tight. Unless you find one with out the update you can still root.
          Think they have found a way around it but haven't let it out yet waiting on the new 4.3 update coming some time this month.

Comment

Cannot use SD card in HTC One. Screw that.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Meh, I thought I'd hate the nexus 4 with no sd card, but all of my music is on google play music online so I can stream it to my phone through cell data. The HTC one has 32gb of storage, if you're using that much storage on your phone, I don't know what you'd be using it for.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Storage wouldn't be an issue, I probably have less than 5 gig used on the current one.

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                Meh, I thought I'd hate the nexus 4 with no sd card, but all of my music is on google play music online so I can stream it to my phone through cell data. The HTC one has 32gb of storage, if you're using that much storage on your phone, I don't know what you'd be using it for.
                Yup, way more than I'd ever use. I really don't use it for MP3's much at all, mostly phone, text and some surfing. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy if I still had a flip phone! Not really, but I barely use any of the phones capabilities, no reason too for what I need it for.

Edit: I have 2.8 gig used!

Comment

I have an HTC one and I love the phone but prefer the Samsung os. They are about to come out with a larger HTC one btw.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Storage wouldn't be an issue, I probably have less than 5 gig used on the current one.

Yup, way more than I'd ever use. I really don't use it for MP3's much at all, mostly phone, text and some surfing. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy if I still had a flip phone! Not really, but I barely use any of the phones capabilities, no reason too for what I need it for.

Edit: I have 2.8 gig used!
                    If you check a lot of news articles or use facebook much, I think you'd like HTC's blinkfeed setup. it has a moving feed of everything you'd check out for the home screen.

Comment

I like my One.

The only issue I have is a sporadic auto rotate error I cant seem to figure out. I shoot all my vids and pics in landscape, but sometimes when I view them it forces them into portrait, and if I rotate the screen it still has the wrong orientation.

The little bit of research I've done leads me to believe it may be an android error and not an HTC issue, but I can't say for sure.

Love the blink feed on the home screen, its real convenient.

Comment

I will never buy a HTC phone again. We had the sensation and had to warranty it every three months for some operating or screen issues. My wife and both had lots of problems. Im a fan of Samsung products myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          I will never buy a HTC phone again. We had the sensation and had to warranty it every three months for some operating or screen issues. My wife and both had lots of problems. Im a fan of Samsung products myself.
                          This

Comment

I was leaning towards the HTC just for the speakers, LOL. I have a few MP3's I listen to once in a while, like when I am in the shower, and figured it may be a better option in that regard.

But... the S4 is slightly easier to read IMO. I know I can make the font larger (medium was pretty decent, large was super easy to read) on the HTC and use it without my reading glasses.

I have a limited selection available, so if they do come out with a newer HTC One, I doubt it is available on our website. Hell, it was like pulling teeth to get the latest one added a while ago! iPhone and BlackBerry are all over it tho...

Damn, decisions, decisions!

Comment

HTC oneX. BLOWS MY ASS>

I've had one for about 6 months, and it's the worst smart phone I've ever owned.

The normal speaker no longer works(not even a little bit). I have to make every single call on speaker phone, with the phone upside down and the loud speaker against my ear.

Also, about 25 times a day (not exaggerating) I'll get a "No sim card", which basically locks the phone and I have to restart it.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X