hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hockey or yard work.

I use to collect a ton of ww2 and Vietnam era military uniforms an equipment. And guns. But now I just don't care to spend money on it. I kept a bunch of rare stuff and sold off or threw away a bunch. Just don't care or have an interest in it anymore. Shit is too expensive to sit it plastic boxes and collect dust.

Comment

Originally posted by suckerdin View Post
      do you know anything about the woodwork hobby shop in arlington next to sports authority (or whatever that sports store is) on 20 and cooper? I gave it a walk-through once and found some really cool stuff like pen kits and stuff. Would the "kit" type stuff be good to get the feet wet?
      Yea, that is a Rockler store. I actually bought my first new lathe from there. There are three locations around DFW. I buy my pen kits from them, Woodcraft, and WoodWorld of Texas. IMO all of them are great. I have a personal preference to Woodcraft in Addison and Wood World in Richardson. Rockler and Woodcraft are franchises. Wood World is locally founded and owned.

There are also numerous online resources for buying turning supplies. Most notably, Penn State Industries, and Craft Supplies USA

Comment

Video games! Some good ones come out lately like The last of us and Beyond two souls
        WH

Comment

I'm really digging the camping idea. Any state park recommendations? I looked a few up and I'm really liking the west/southwest texas scenery. It's a bit of a drive but it looks like it'd be worth it.
          Cedar Hill State Park is close and very nice. Tyler State Park is beautiful out East, although the spots are small and close together. LBJ Grasslands in Decatur is really cool because it's huge and they offer dispersed camping, which means you can just go out there and drive around the back roads and find a spot you like and set up camp for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Yea, that is a Rockler store. I actually bought my first new lathe from there. There are three locations around DFW. I buy my pen kits from them, Woodcraft, and WoodWorld of Texas. IMO all of them are great. I have a personal preference to Woodcraft in Addison and Wood World in Richardson. Rockler and Woodcraft are franchises. Wood World is locally founded and owned.

There are also numerous online resources for buying turning supplies. Most notably, Penn State Industries, and Craft Supplies USA
            awesome. thanks man!

Originally posted by jluv
            Cedar Hill State Park is close and very nice. Tyler State Park is beautiful out East, although the spots are small and close together. LBJ Grasslands in Decatur is really cool because it's huge and they offer dispersed camping, which means you can just go out there and drive around the back roads and find a spot you like and set up camp for free.
            Cedar Hill is not something I'm interested in. Mostly because it's 10 minutes down the road from me. the LBJ Grasslands may be something I'd look into. Thanks!
            Originally posted by 56482
            only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Cedar Hill is not something I'm interested in. Mostly because it's 10 minutes down the road from me. the LBJ Grasslands may be something I'd look into. Thanks!
              That's kind of the cool thing about CHSP. It's in a bunch of rolling hills, and if you get a good spot, it's hard to believe that you're still in the metroplex at all. I try to camp several weekends during the fall and winter, and time around the fire beats time on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X