Arlington PD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    The word is, "Sawzall," and that's only if the tool in question is a Milwaukee product. What those gentlemen brought you was a reciprocating saw. Glad you got your stuff back.

"A generic trademark, also known as a genericised trademark or proprietary eponym, is a trademark or brand name that has become the generic name for, or synonymous with, a general class of product or service, against the usual intentions of the trademark's holder. Using a genericised trademark to refer to the general form of what that trademark represents is a form of metonymy."

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      metonymy

It's a rare day I learn a new word on this site. lol

Comment

I just remembered talking about the topic in Blaw I had to google to figure out what any of the terms were. The example they used in class was Xerox.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
          and used a dewault saw zaw
          I bet it was a snallzaw, possibly a sawsaw.

Edit: DAMN IT YALE!!!
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_trademark

"A generic trademark, also known as a genericised trademark or proprietary eponym, is a trademark or brand name that has become the generic name for, or synonymous with, a general class of product or service, against the usual intentions of the trademark's holder. Using a genericised trademark to refer to the general form of what that trademark represents is a form of metonymy."
            Nevertheless, he still used the wrong word.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
              Long story short. Not all cop stories are bad.

My friends apartment was robbed by his long time friend. He called Arlington PD and within 1 week we were at a storage facility with 4 detectives and 4 firefighters cutting a lock to get his stuff back. Unfortunately not everything was recovered but some of the irreplaceable stuff was. I could not believe how above and beyond they went. On a side note I recommend Master Lock's disc lock the FD or PD could not cut it they had to cut the door. I have video but it's a pain in the ass to post it.
              you sure they were robbed, and not burglarized? there's a huge difference lol.
              HD Parts
              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Typical pissing match around here. Lol!

A 3.5" grinder with a cutting wheel would have taken it off with ease...
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                X