Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend died. Make the time for your friends and family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend died. Make the time for your friends and family.

Been in a funk every since yesterday morning when I heard. I'm not here to get attention, but just a reminder.

This guy and I were friends toward the end of high school but mostly after. We were not real close but hung out with the same circle of friends. He had a white fox GT I always liked because they were not in my financial reach yet. Lost touch and here it is 20 years later and we found each other on FB. He seemed to have done well. Served at Balch Springs FD and different area PD's over the years. We had been talking over the old neighborhood and generally cutting up and talking about getting some of our friends together for a night out. Over the course of a year, he moved about a lot and suddenly got married. That didn't last long at all and last I saw he was "dealing" with it whatever that meant. About a month ago I mentioned lets hang out. He said "Say when, Frank!". A couple of weeks later I noticed his account was deactivated. I had no way to get in touch and just hoped the best for him and figured we'd cross paths again. Those were his last words to me. I found out he died yesterday morning. Not suicide, but partly due to some longtime self-destruction as I understand. All this to say, make the time, don't just talk about it. I have cousins and friends that I only see at funerals and its always the same old conversation "We need to get together sometime" and no one picks up the phone and follows through. I am going to make it a point to change that where ever I can and follow up, follow through. You never know when it will be the last time to talk to someone.

I'm sorry Frank.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sorry for your loss man... those are true words spoken. .

Comment

Been a bad week on here. Sorry for your loss, Frank, and you're absolutely right.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

R.i.p

Comment

RIP! Sorry to hear.
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

rip

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  All this to say, make the time, don't just talk about it. I have cousins and friends that I only see at funerals and its always the same old conversation "We need to get together sometime" and no one picks up the phone and follows through. I am going to make it a point to change that where ever I can and follow up, follow through. You never know when it will be the last time to talk to someone.
                  this is key. not just over internet bullshit, but real life, friends/family.. we all get caught up in our own little worlds and we forget who/what got us to that point.

my mother bought a new house 2 months ago just 20 minutes away, and i am so wrapped up in my own shit, that i have only been by there two times for a total of 30 minutes all together, i know it tears her up, cause she invites me over every weekend, but i just got "too much" going on.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Sorry for your loss...

Your words remind me of this song.

Comment

that's a sad thing. sorry about your friend!

Comment

I have cousins and friends that I only see at funerals and its always the same old conversation "We need to get together sometime" and no one picks up the phone and follows through.
                        It's a hell of a lesson that we all have to learn time and time again. And every time we say we're going to do it different next time. Yeah, definitely different... next time. And I'm as gulity as everyone else.

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

Comment

Sorry to hear man. I defiantly agree to make time for friends and family and not only that even for those you see often. Take an extra day or night away from the TV or the keyboard and spend more time with those close to you. They can be gone in the blink of an eye.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

...I am going to make it a point to change that where ever I can and follow up, follow through. You never know when it will be the last time to talk to someone.
                            You're absolutely right, and I have been trying to force myself to act accordingly with my friends and family. As far as friends, I have said it when we lost "Saladbar", "Osiris" and "Blue302stang", all of whom I considered friends in real life, not just on the board. This has recently been reinforced when I lost my oldest brother just 2 months ago, whom I had not seen or spoken to in over 10 years (for no real reason).

From time to time I try and make sure I let my close friends know how much I care about them, even though it may come off as awkward. There are a number of "assholes" on here that I consider really close friends, and I hope they all know that I love them and will / would do anything to help them when needed.

It just sucks that it takes the tragic incidents to remind us all how important our friends and family are to us.

Comment

This post is almost perfect timing. A few weeks ago my cousins texted/FB'd me, my Uncle wasnt doing well at all.

Was the weekend of the Dallas races at Ennis, a friend was taking me for my b-day(which was the following day). So, by the time I got messages, I had a few and was feeling...relaxed- not driving, day at races, until I got the messages. 3 beers, 115 mile drive. Rule # 3 Family first. ( yes, I watch NCIS.)

I stopped drinking beers then.... drank lots of water, ate big meal, took a nap. Cold shower. Huge Monster drink.

I saw my Uncle and his Daughters. He died on my B-day at 4 am the following day.
                              I do not know if he knew I was there. However, he did respond to me somewhat when I saw him.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has lost all grandparents, on both sides, all parents also, by my age of 36.

Never take anything or anyone for granted.
                              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X