Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Haggerty insured value realistic for a sales price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a Haggerty insured value realistic for a sales price?

My neighbor is a widow and she is trying to sell her husband's 65 Impala SS. She has it insured through Haggerty for $17.5k. She has been asking $18k and only wants to go as low as $16k. She thinks because that is what Haggerty appraised it for, then it must be able to sell for that. While the car is very nice, I just don't see it selling for any where near those prices. I have seen a few for sale in comparable condition between $12 - 15k, but they have been for sale for a while. She is not interested in any kind of trades.

My 69's came back from another company for 13.8k, and I think that is higher than I could ever get for it (in current condition).
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Haggerty is agreed value policy. We have our Mopars insured through them and we just fill out what is done to the car and what level of resto has been done. Then you fill in what you want to insure the car for. They either accept or kick it back. But from what some say. If you want $50000 in coverage then you pay the premium for $50000 in coverage. If you $10000 in coverage then you pay the premium for that level of coverage.

Comment

I would think that it's in Haggerty's best interest to appraise a vehicle high, as the higher presumed value equals higher insurance premiums.

Even with an unbiased third-party appraisal, there's what they say it's worth, and there's what somebody will be willing to pay. She can list it for $18k as long as she wants, that doesn't mean she'll find a buyer.

Comment

Im a buyer at 10k.

Comment

they wouldn't go too much over on mine.

they did the same on my brothers until he sent pics proving quality and value they still didn't go too out of hand.

I think its agreed value under their projected value.

if they did the impala right it should be slightly high..
            Last edited by franks; 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have tried to gently explain to her that restoring classic cars is seldom a money making venture for most average joes. Also, an Impala being as big as it is and not entirely in that sweet spot of musclecardom (Chevelles, GTOs, Camaro, Corvette, etc) it isn't going to be highly sought after and could take years to sell. I managed to help her sell an 06 Harley, a 1930 Olds coupe, and an old Cub Cadet tractor for good/fair. There is also a rough 76 Ford F100 I am about to get running and prepare to sell for her.

Comment

Have you tried a lowrider forum? You also might touch base with Aaron, and while we're at it, where the fuck is Fern when you need him?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

They got what I think seems a bit ridiculous for a couple of 65 Impalas, but both with almost no mileage.

Comment

I'm serious about my offer. If it's super nice I can do a Lil more. I love those cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...WS01/131009985

They got what I think seems a bit ridiculous for a couple of 65 Impalas, but both with almost no mileage.
                      GEEZ! Yeah I had heard the sale prices were nuts. Had to be some deep pockets with little sense showed up and bought everything.

I hope she doesn't get wind of this or she will get the idea hers is worth that and never sell it.

Comment

Who in the fuck paid $80k for a 1978 Corvette Pace Car? LMAO!
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sounds like she would be better off getting the insurance settlement

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X