Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

places to eat.. hole in the wall places..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• places to eat.. hole in the wall places..

ok so i live in Addison, looking for anything cool and good. It doesn't have to fancy or expensive.. Anyone have any recommendations; mexican, italian, bbq.. or just anything. I'm tired of the same chain places like chipotle, jimmy johns, carabas, etc..

Basically anything worth visiting.

Don't eat spaghetti warehouse. They gave me food poisoning!
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Don't eat spaghetti warehouse. They gave me food poisoning!
      Did you eat the bread off those little cutting boards?

Comment

Rice Kitchen - Frankfort and the tollway, northeast shopping center..

Always fresh, hot and consistent.!

They have added some Thai to the menu. ITs all Great !

Comment

DJ's taco express in Addison
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

had spaghetti warehouse a few years ago it was deff the worst italian food lol. The service i received was excellent the food not some much..

Comment

It's not really a hole in the wall but Kenny's Wood Fire in Addison is pretty good.
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                It's not really a hole in the wall but Kenny's Wood Fire in Addison is pretty good.
                Forgot all about that place. Very good

Comment

Mama's Daughter's or Norma's Cafe - same family owns both.
                  An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Kenny's is the shit... far from a hole in the wall though

Denal's in Irving

Comment

Almost forgot -

Sea Breeze Fish Market! - Plano
                      Preston @ Lorimar Dr -

Some of the best seafood in Dallas !

Comment

Being Addison, you're not going to find many hole in the wall places -- that's just not their thing. That being said, there are a few places I would recommend, especially for lunch.

Cafe Max (Midway and Wiley Post). You can order a salad sampler here (Salad Trio) and they will give you enough to feed you for at least two days and you can easily stretch it out to three days if you get a cup of soup or something with it.

Cindi's Deli (Midway and Wiley Post). Monday is chicken n dumplins day. Went last week around closing and got the last of the pot, so it was mainly dumplins with hardly any broth or chicken, but still tasted good. The Corned Beef, Pastrami and Chopped Liver sandwich is fucking excellent, especially when paired with a cup of Matzah ball soup. Good luck finishing it all though.

Best Thai on Belt Line and just west of Midway. Best Thai restaurant in the city that I have found. Lunch portions are a bit on the smaller side, compared to dinner, but still filling.

Ziziki's at Belt Line and the Dallas Parkway. Significantly more expensive compared to many Greek restaurants, but pretty good, overall aside from the price. Worth going just for the Keftedes, though. If you have time to venture to the Plano Parkway/Preston area, Zorba's is a better bet -- tastes more like what I would envision homemade Greek food to be like and is cheaper.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          Being Addison, you're not going to find many hole in the wall places -- that's just not their thing. That being said, there are a few places I would recommend, especially for lunch.

Cafe Max (Midway and Wiley Post). You can order a salad sampler here (Salad Trio) and they will give you enough to feed you for at least two days and you can easily stretch it out to three days if you get a cup of soup or something with it.

Cindi's Deli (Midway and Wiley Post). Monday is chicken n dumplins day. Went last week around closing and got the last of the pot, so it was mainly dumplins with hardly any broth or chicken, but still tasted good. The Corned Beef, Pastrami and Chopped Liver sandwich is fucking excellent, especially when paired with a cup of Matzah ball soup. Good luck finishing it all though.

Best Thai on Belt Line and just west of Midway. Best Thai restaurant in the city that I have found. Lunch portions are a bit on the smaller side, compared to dinner, but still filling.

Ziziki's at Belt Line and the Dallas Parkway. Significantly more expensive compared to many Greek restaurants, but pretty good, overall aside from the price. Worth going just for the Keftedes, though. If you have time to venture to the Plano Parkway/Preston area, Zorba's is a better bet -- tastes more like what I would envision homemade Greek food to be like and is cheaper.

X2 on Best Thai, it is fucking delicious! I like the lunch tray or whatever it is called that comes with a variety of things.

Comment

McDonalds - Tollway and Park ln
                            Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Our Place Indian near Valley Ranch in Irving is pricy but delicious.
                              We take pride in bringing to the people of Texas, the inherited tradition of this unique culinary art of the Tandoor (Indian clay ovens) that create the exotic world-famous tastes in the Indian cuisine.

Comment

Working...
                              X