Air compressor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air compressor question

A guy down the street has a 6hp 30 gallon air compressor he says is bad. The tank is good but the compressor is leaking oil. Can you just replace the compressor? If so, does it have to be from craftsman since that's the manufacturer?

Doesn't craftsman replace based on lifetime warranty?
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

compressors and power tools aren't lifetime. Only hand tools

Comment

Yes you can just replace the compressor pump. No it doesnt have to be the same pump assembly. Just make sure that you replace the pump with a comparable unit

Edit: you could also buy a rebuild kit ad replace the leaking gaskets. Small recip pumps like that are pretty easy to overhaul
        Last edited by sniper87; 10-13-2013, 12:13 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

LOL at Crafstman and honoring a warranty, fuck that company I won't ever buy anything else from them, due to a compressor issue probably 12 years ago now with them.

That said, it would be most cost effective to do as Sniper says and just rebuild it. All the gaskets should be easy access, probably won't take you more than an hour or two to rebuild it, depending on which one is leaking...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Concur on rebuild. When I was in the same boat, it seemed basically cheaper just to buy a whole new compressor/tank as opposed to just buying a compressor online and putting it on. At least for little single stage. It may make more sense with the higher end 2 stage compressors.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I bought my compressor with a bit of hesitancy since it had a bigger pump and replacing it would suck. However, I found that they typically need only basic things for a rebuild and went for it. Seems like it'll be in your favor, go for it.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Check pep boys. Bought a 30 gallon on clearance there for $119 pretty good deal
                WH

Comment

Even if you don't repair it, two 30 gallon tanks make for a 60(or a smaller +30). Great for sand blasting and stuff that takes a lot of volume. You could put it in the attic above the gararg and plumb a drop in to use it when needed. Sux to wait for the compressor to catch up.
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X