Concert at American Airlines Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert at American Airlines Center

Curious for those with experience at AAC for concerts. Other than the few sections directly to the side or even behind the stage, are there any bad seats to stay away from?

Im thinking 300s might be too far and stick with the 100s and 200s?

300 for me is the can't see shit / MTV level. If you just want to hear it and watch the big ass projected screens.

Depending on the stage setup, 200 is the highest I'd go.

No matter the level, I never buy in the "ends" but stick to the sides. I try to be as close to the stage as possible because I want to see whats going on.

I personally love the seats 45 degrees off the side in the 100 level. Best view IMO.

Comment

We saw RHCP at the AAC and the side seats were awesome.

Comment

I saw VH there and got side seats in the 3rd level. The reverb off of the back wall affected the sound too much for me. I went closer to the stage and the sound noticeably improved.

Comment

Also, I like to park at Mockingbird Station and get some food and beers ahead of the show, then take the train to the AAC. It puts enough of a buffer into the evening to get a little boozy, and dry out on the back end.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My parents are going to see The Eagles there Saturday night. That's all.

Comment

This is DFWM, we always spring for front row and center.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                You mean VIP back stage passes!

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  You mean VIP back stage passes!
                  Slackers......The stage is where it's at.
                  Originally posted by talisman
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  Originally posted by AdamLX
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Because fuck you, that's why
                  Originally posted by 80coupe
                  nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena
                  ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

300s would definitely be too far to make it worth while. Had seats in the 200s once, and sound was ok but I couldn't see shit.

Floor is where it's at, or side stage low 100s. I've had floor seats for Clapton, Billy Joel, Maroon 5, Keith Urban, and my wife was on the floor for New Kids(yeah, yeah, I know). The sound is always exceptional. For Maroon 5, we were a bit too far back for my taste. I would have actually preferred low 100s for that one rather than where we were.

As a side note, Billy Joel was one of the best damn shows I've seen. Played for almost 3 full hours, and was great with the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                      As a side note, Billy Joel was one of the best damn shows I've seen. Played for almost 3 full hours, and was great with the crowd.
                      Of course. He's the Piano Man.

Comment

Damn skippy!

Comment

going to pearl jam in november. sitting in 200s. we will park at hooters, drink beer and walk.

Comment

Seen a few there from the suites and I would guess the balcony seats in those have to be some of the furthest away and they were not bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X