Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess a career at Lowes is out of the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    The real problem for most LP departments is internal theft and paperwork errors. This is where a majority of retail shrink happens at most companies, believe it or not.
    60-70% on average.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinkage_(accounting)

In case anyone else had no idea what "shrink" was in regards to this topic. I hate retail.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Personally, I've always liked the LP aspect of my job most of all of it. It's almost like a contest between you and the employee you think is stealing. I will say it fucking sucks firing or watching someone get fired who has been around for 5 years or someone you trusted and personally mentored. When you know someone is a piece of shit and want to get rid of them anyway, it is pretty satisfying when the cops take them out of the store in handcuffs. Unless you're in Grand Prairie of course; then you're lucky to even have the fatass cop get out of his car to talk to the person that has admitted everything.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          LOL, my sister worked at Dillards in Six Flags Mall in the late 80's and had some pretty entertaining stories about the LP guys chasing down people in the parking lot. Hearing those stories constantly is probably what caused me to snap when that guy stole that tool set so many years ago.

The real problem for most LP departments is internal theft and paperwork errors. This is where a majority of retail shrink happens at most companies, believe it or not.
          You should see the losses on this project. In the hundreds of millions in property and material. Without hiring forensic accountants to go through the Maximo database and hundreds of thousands of issue/receipt tickets there is no way to square it away or even get close to the real number. It is funny how we are saying there are in the hundreds of millions of loss (on paper) but the .gov is not willing to let us hire a auditing company to go through it all. Whatever.

I had a guy stop an Afghan soldier from stealing copper wire from our materials yard. Well, he stopped three and was able to lay hands on and pin one to the ground. The ANA soldier got turned over to the MPs, they turned him over to the ANA who beat him severly. Two days later we heard through signal and human intelligence that our company was being targeted. The next day a semi truck pulled up next to the perimeter by our camp and obliterated itself. I have the video. Quite impressive. Luckily only TBI, bumps, bruises and pants shitting.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            There is no real deterrent, shrink numbers were out of control at my last store. They just so happened to be the number two store in caught shoplifters for the district. The number of shoplifters that steal like you would think are rather tiny. The majority of the shrink came from grab and run thefts (most were $2500 and up), bad inventory, and improper damages.

We weren't allowed to do anything other than look for the traditional shoplifter. No addressing issues with the product protection systems in place, no teaching employees proper damages procedures, no camping out the grab and run door to try to nab one of those bigger fish, no internal theft cases.

That added up to a shrink number of almost 4% of gross sales.

My dad has been doing LP for about 38 years now and after a long conversation with him he was astounded at the lack of action. Shortly after that I decided that it wasn't for me. The only way I would work in that field again is if I were working 90% internal theft or some sort of risk management.

It felt like we were chasing our tail, nothing more than a waste of time and money. But then again, I don't get paid the big money to make decisions.
            That is fucking crazy!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Home depot does it the same way
              WH

Comment

Big problem to is that people are so sue happy nowadays so it just suxs all around
                99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by OreoStang View Post
                  Big problem to is that people are so sue happy nowadays so it just suxs all around
                  this is the truth
                  RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Bath & Body Works & The Disney Store have hands off policies as well. I used to manage for both.

Oh & fuck retail!
                    sigpic

Comment

My ex used to be in charge of tracking shrinkage for a Walmart in a small town, of less than 20k people. Their acceptable shrinkage was around $100k. Unbelievable, as most was employee theft.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post

Oh & fuck retail!
                        Preach it.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                          this is the truth
                          The main thing I have learned is I need to take care of my family.
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            My ex used to be in charge of tracking shrinkage for a Walmart in a small town, of less than 20k people. Their acceptable shrinkage was around $100k. Unbelievable, as most was employee theft.
                            Psssh. We have bases that lose $100k in a month when only doing a 10% inventory. We have FBI and DOJ plus a special congressional task force formed just to look at our losses now and determine who is going to jail (I have a long list I would like to see in chains). In all fairness, we inherited the majority of these losses when we transitioned the bases from KBR BUT we signed for it whether it was here or not it is our baby to rock now. I think when I leave for good I will publish the number. Let's just say you could buy a small country with it. lol
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Walmart fires an employee

A Walmart employee who rushed to the aid of a woman being assaulted in a Michigan store parking lot has been fired.

Kristopher Oswald witnessed the incident in the early morning hours Sunday while working the overnight shift at the Hartland, Mich., store, Detroit’s WXYZ-TV reported.

Oswald told the station he heard the woman scream and saw a man on the hood of her car. At one point, the woman got out of the car and the man pushed her into the vehicle.

Heading over to see what was going on, the man threatened and physically attacked Oswald, who sprang into action to defend himself before being jumped by other men nearby.

Police arrived to intervene, but Oswald, a relatively new hire, was later issued a notice of termination.

The notice stated that “after a violation of company policy on his lunch break, it was determined to end his temporary assignment,” according to WXYZ.

A spokeswoman for the company told the Associated Press they understand Oswald had good intentions, but he still violated the company’s policy against violence.

Oswald said that even though he was fired for it, he wouldn’t change a thing about going to help.

“I will always do the right thing,” he told WXYZ.

But the 30-year-old is wondering how to explain his termination while he hunts for a new job.

“I don’t even know what to put on an application about all of this. How do I say this ended?” he said.

Even the company admits he was doing good/right, but you violated policy...see ya! I swear, common sense is just gone and replaced with unthinking/uncaring people.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Another reason why I won't give Wal Mart a dime of my money. Fuck that company.

Comment

Working...
                                X