Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess a career at Lowes is out of the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess a career at Lowes is out of the question.

What a bunch of cocksuckers.

When Lowe's employee Karen Sizemore saw a man shoplifting from her Kentucky store, she says she snapped: "It was just the adrenaline rush, I'm not taking it anymore. You just get to the point where you're so tired of people stealing from you."

So Karen, a grandmother and 18-year employee of the chain, followed the thief out to his car and reached into the backseat trying to retrieve the Dewalt tool kit, valued at $600. She wasn't able to get it but she did get the man's license plate number and car make, leading to his arrest. The incident made her a minor celebrity in town and with her coworkers, who nicknamed her "Rambo."

But the pursuit also backfired, when Karen was fired this week. Fighting back tears she explains, "their explanation was I put myself and other people in danger and they fired me." Lowe's issued a public statement: "Our policies are in place for the safety of our workers. We have very specific guidelines when it comes to handling potential shoplifters, to ensure the well being of not only our team but our customers." The corporate office has since added that they will further investigate the incident.

Most retail stores have that policy, I don't really get why. I mean, unless you work at o'reilly's and jump on the hood of cars.

Comment

One of my friends was the assistant manager at the Lowes in Southlake. Same thing happened ten or so years ago. He was canned within 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
        Most retail stores have that policy, I don't really get why. I mean, unless you work at o'reilly's and jump on the hood of cars.
        The policy protects the company from liabilities, if someone were to get injured it would cost more than the loss of the item.

Comment

Good for her I guess, but company policy is company policy. I would think that a long-time employee would get a reprimand of some type, rather than getting canned though.

Comment

Well fuck.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Good for her I guess, but company policy is company policy. I would think that a long-time employee would get a reprimand of some type, rather than getting canned though.
              I used to have this line of thinking. And on the surface it makes perfect sense. However, you need to look beyond the surface. They have this policy for one reason, and one reason only. Liability. It isn't about employee safety. It is only there to shield themselves from a lawsuit, period. Employers don't give two shits about employee safety, the only care about not getting sued.

Beyond that, in most retail corporate environments, managers are graded on store revenue, and store shrink. Theft falls under shrink in most cases. You, under no circumstances, should be legally allowed to incentivize lower shrink rates, and have a policy like this to shield from liability. It is effectively talking out of both sides of their mouths.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Well fuck.

Aim high, Jodi!

Comment

If you know you are going to be fired, make it count.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Aim high, Jodi!
                      Not sure how many thieves I'd be chasing down in their Treasury department ... perhaps a shit ton.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Not sure how many thieves I'd be chasing down in their Treasury department ... perhaps a shit ton.
                        Heh, that would, in and of itself, be a full time occupation...
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Be a different story if the their shot her or injured her

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                            Why shoot her, they already fired her...

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                              Damn son. That looks like it hurt.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X