Recommend a ford dealer for service ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a ford dealer for service ?

I would take it to grapevine ford where I bought it, but I live in Sachse.

Can anyone recommend a ford dealer in my area that they have had good dealings with ?

Thanks
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

I go to 5 star ford but that isnt close

Comment

I have had good experience with rockwall ford so far with my f150.
      Jon

Comment

If you don't want to make the haul to Grapevine, go see Meagan at North Central Ford, in Richardson. You might want to call to setup an appointment. She's great...really nice, knowledgeable, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          If you don't want to make the haul to Grapevine, go see Meagan at North Central Ford, in Richardson. You might want to call to setup an appointment. She's great...really nice, knowledgeable, etc.
          Thanks for the replies.

I went ahead and scheduled an appt at north central ford, but did it before I saw your post. I'll ask for Meagan next time.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Skip and the guys in the sales office have always done me right, but when it comes to service I've never been impressed with the shop at GVF. Seems they only want to say "unable to duplicate, no problem found" every time I've had a warranty issue. Matter of fact, that's why I finally gave up on the Flex and it's constant transmission issues....they would never admit there was a problem...nor even remotely try to duplicate it. Yet the svc advisor is all but telling me to give him all 10's if I get a survey....when they didn't even fix shit.

Having been a dealership wrench in the past, I can tell you that you will just about always have better luck with a dealership outside of the big city...unless you know someone specific to ask for.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              Skip and the guys in the sales office have always done me right, but when it comes to service I've never been impressed with the shop at GVF. Seems they only want to say "unable to duplicate, no problem found" every time I've had a warranty issue. Matter of fact, that's why I finally gave up on the Flex and it's constant transmission issues....they would never admit there was a problem...nor even remotely try to duplicate it. Yet the svc advisor is all but telling me to give him all 10's if I get a survey....when they didn't even fix shit.

Having been a dealership wrench in the past, I can tell you that you will just about always have better luck with a dealership outside of the big city...unless you know someone specific to ask for.

x2
              that is why I stopped going there.

Comment

I personally always hated NPF-ing a car. They brought it in for a reason. I know I spent too much time looking for stupid noises and issues, but I always gave it a good try.
                Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                  I personally always hated NPF-ing a car. They brought it in for a reason. I know I spent too much time looking for stupid noises and issues, but I always gave it a good try.
                  Same here, NPF was money out of my pocket...but of course it's a balance b/c you don't want to just shotgun parts at it either.

With my wife's Flex there was no consistency when it would act up, other than city driving....but if you drove it enough it would damn sure do it at some point. The last time I took it to them I told the advisor and the trans tech they had permission to drive it whenever and where ever they wanted...take it to lunch, take it home...hell take it home for the weekend if you need...I even made sure it had a full tank of gas when I dropped it off. After a week the advisor called me claiming to have drove it "everywhere" and never felt any problems. After we picked it up I realized they had only put 15 miles on it.....average speed was around 50mph too....so no real effort to try and duplicate the problem.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

did your service guy leave his business card on your dashboard with a dead rose taped to it?

Comment

I'm not impressed with GVF service either. I'm also ready to club someone when I get 3-4 surveys for taking my car in to get service checks or tires rotated. If they spent as much time doing quality work as sending, reviewing, resending, and questioning surveys, they could have a good, or maybe great, service center.

Also, Brembo wheels suck, as apparently walking by them scratches the paint off.

/rant.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Since we are bashing GVF... I dont go their because they screwed me twice. First oil change on a brand new truck... 2 hours and 30 minutes. I was late to work because the guy "forgot" about my truck and lied to me saying they were busy. Service manager refunded my money and apologized saying he was new and just forgot. Offered for a free oil change next go round.

Next go round....2 hour oil change. I thought I was done with that dealership. I gave them one last try. Stop by in the new to me F250 and they said 1.5 hrs for an oil change...I go to 5 star in NRH.

Comment

I'd buy another car from GVF but they can lick the back side of my ballsack when it comes to regular service. I could be the first there for an oil change and it still takes a fucking hour and a half. I just go to Wal-Mart by the house now such fucking sucks but at least I'm out in bout 30 min tops.
                          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                          X