No announcement yet.

Tequila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respectfully disagree with all of your respectable disagreements! Run and tell that!

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      With all due respect, I disagree.
      With all due respect, Patron is a company that was started in 1989 by Americans to make tons of money off of Americans. Sure their tequila is made in Jalisco like all tequilas as is required by Mexican law but it might as well be manufactured by Walmart or McDonalds.

If you go to any of the tourist areas of Mexico you'll see that Patron is generally served as a well drink. A premium there is usually Don Julio or Herradura.

Drink what you like by all means but please don't limit yourself to products just because they have a larger marketing budget. There are considerably better tequilas available in the US and most are cheaper than the Patron stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Patron is for 30k a year millionaires and amateurs that want to look like pros.
        Originally posted by CWO View Post
        With all due respect, I disagree.

That is certainly the crowd they market their product to.

I can't do tequila unless it is in a margarita. Even then, it's limited. When my coworker in Houston comes in, we have to plan what bars we go to around their tequila selection. If they don't have Herradura, we can't go there. And he doesn't drink anything but tequila.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          With all due respect, Patron is a company that was started in 1989 by Americans to make tons of money off of Americans. Sure their tequila is made in Jalisco like all tequilas as is required by Mexican law but it might as well be manufactured by Walmart or McDonalds.

If you go to any of the tourist areas of Mexico you'll see that Patron is generally served as a well drink. A premium there is usually Don Julio or Herradura.

Drink what you like by all means but please don't limit yourself to products just because they have a larger marketing budget. There are considerably better tequilas available in the US and most are cheaper than the Patron stuff.
          I know. I drink it because I like the taste. I'm not concerned with how big their advertising budget is, I've been drinking it a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Makes sense. Patron sucks compared to so many other tequilas in the same price range
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              Makes sense. Patron sucks compared to so many other tequilas in the same price range
              Take the cheapest silver tequila you can produce, throw it in a pretty bottle, buy a bunch of ads in Maxim, Playboy and FHM and hire playmates to host your exclusive parties. It's a proven business model. You pay $60 for a $15 tequila with about $20 worth of marketing, meaning $25 profit straight into John DeJoria's checking account.

Jay Z, Puffdaddy, Sammy Hagar and Jimmy Buffett have all done the same thing.

Comment

It's delicious.... when I am in the mood for it anyway, which is less and less as I get older

Comment

Working...
                X