Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida teacher punches student...

I'm going to say it's justified.

Digital Journal is a digital media news network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us!

Jacksonville - A physical education teacher in Jacksonville, Florida was fired after punching a female middle school student in the face.

The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union reported that in August, Michael Louis Green struck an unidentified female middle-school student with his fist after she pushed him in the chest, according to district investigation documents.

The Eugene J. Butler Middle School PE teacher was arrested for the incident and has since been released. His court date is set for Oct. 3, according to First Coast News.
    Superintendent Nikolai Vitte called the incident "excessively egregious" and says the district moved that day to have Green fired, the AP writes.

He says there has to be a "zero-tolerance policy on hitting students."

Although the student shoved Green, the teacher should have focused on de-escalating the student’s anger, Vitti said. Green should have focused on remembering that he’s the adult and professional in the situation and either called security or walked away from the student, Vitti said.

This isn't the first time a teacher in Florida has been accused of hitting a student.
    In August, a South Florida high school football coach was videotaped smacking his quarterback's helmet after the player botched an important play. The coach was suspended for two weeks from all athletic activities, the Huffington Post reported.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

In August, a South Florida high school football coach was videotaped smacking his quarterback's helmet after the player botched an important play. The coach was suspended for two weeks from all athletic activities, the Huffington Post reported.
    The continued pussification of America.

What happens when you botch a real life situation when you're "grown up". A hell of a lot more than a "helmet smack" could occur.
    2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
      The continued pussification of America.

What happens when you botch a real life situation when you're "grown up". A hell of a lot more than a "helmet smack" could occur.
      holy shit i wish that's all they did was smack us on the helmet when i played football! i remember vividly being grabbed by the face mask and yanked around when i did stupid shit during practice. bring back whooping kids ass!

Comment

Lookin at my shoes...............that's a paddlin.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

While the kid very well may have deserved it, a teacher should never punch a student, IMO.

Comment

Hell, not as a civilian but when we got in full battle rattle, we'd have NCO's fuck you up. In basic if you were doing something extremely stupid, like pointing your rifle anywhere but downrange, a DS would buttstroke you in the chest with his rifle.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I would go as far as saying never but in that situation, maybe not a punch in the mouth. maybe detain the bitchs arms till campus pd can remove her. or detain and drag her ass to the office and let them deal with her. and as far as the coach being suspended for the helmet slap. thats just the player being a pussy/story.

Comment

Coach bent a metal clipboard on my helmet once.
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Coach bent a metal clipboard on my helmet once.
                  He told you that he hadn't seen your baseball, I don't know why you kept asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union reported that in August, Michael Louis Green struck an unidentified female middle-school student with his fist after she pushed him in the chest, according to district investigation documents.
                    He shouldn't have punched the girl, unless she was his size and presented an obvious threat.
                    That shit's fucking dumb, though.
                    Hell, not as a civilian but when we got in full battle rattle, we'd have NCO's fuck you up. In basic if you were doing something extremely stupid, like pointing your rifle anywhere but downrange, a DS would buttstroke you in the chest with his rifle.
                    That's a great comparison.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

People would shit in their pants if they knew what my coaches said/did to us. If we had camera phones then, there would have been no coaches. Of course they were right, and most of it has stuck with me.

Comment

Being it be in Jacksonville, probably the teen bitch was black trying to act all tuff. She got what she deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          People would shit in their pants if they knew what my coaches said/did to us. If we had camera phones then, there would have been no coaches. Of course they were right, and most of it has stuck with me.
                          Ours were pretty bad as well but I went to a 1a school so things are still a bit behind the times.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Coach threw a clipboard at me when I was not wearing a helmet my freshman year (I ducked and he missed), said I called the wrong play. I knew I called the right play, called him a drunk fool, and threw the clipboard back at him. But I have better aim and nailed him in the chest. Next day I get moved up to varsity, two days later I meet with the AD since the freshman football coach is also the head baseball coach.

I would like to see the "punch" too.

Comment

When I rassled, head gear was enough for them to smack us around pretty good. I remember one time going on mat dizzy cause a coach hit me pretty hard 3-4 times (across ears). It's on video (VHS) of me almost falling over after the 2nd hit.

It was motivational though, no intent to hurt or anything and we never thought anything differently. I was usually pissed off afterwards and would do pretty well after I regained balance.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X