Korean air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean air

Nice, Korean air had an engine failure on take off this morning from DFW. They circled over Keller and Fort Worth for 30 min dumping fuel from 5000'.

Here is their flight track....right over my house.
    Attached Files

What were they flying? It seems to me that flying anything with the engines out on the wings is near impossible if you have an engine failure. I only have model flying experience but even with that full rudder has almost zero affect unless you are off the throttle to the point that you cant even maintain altitude.

Comment

777------your kidding right? Single engine operation on that beast is an abnormal situation. Not even an emergency. They dumped fuel because that were way over landing weight. Transport aircraft can take off way heavier than they can land. They were going over the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
        Nice, Korean air had an engine failure on take off this morning from DFW. They circled over Keller and Fort Worth for 30 min dumping fuel from 5000'.

Here is their flight track....right over my house.
        Well what u want the guy to do? Gotta put it down

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          Well what u want the guy to do? Gotta put it down
          Go dump over Oak Cliff maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            Go dump over Oak Cliff maybe?
            take too much time haha. Btw does your grass look any greener?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              take too much time haha. Btw does your grass look any greener?
              LOL, ill go check! Na it dissipates in just a few hundred feet anyways.

Comment

was at good guys today while it was dumping over head, sadly the picture turned out blurry. but was freaky. never seen a 777 that low and slow and dumping fuel.
                all I could think is, "CHEM-TRAILS!!!! that ginger tin foil freak from DFWmustangs would freak!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  What were they flying? It seems to me that flying anything with the engines out on the wings is near impossible if you have an engine failure. I only have model flying experience but even with that full rudder has almost zero affect unless you are off the throttle to the point that you cant even maintain altitude.

Comment

One engine?? No problem!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Like I said only model flying experience. It's true of the models I have flown that are twins it is very hard to control if an engine gives it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                        One engine?? No problem!
                        Didn't a new pilot for the 777-300 fry two at the same time while starting them up? I think they said it had something to do with the APU not being able to supply them both enough air to start at the same time, but I'm not sure.
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

What, no funny pilot names? I am disappoint.

Comment

I'm sure the AA mechanics will take care of it. Shouldn't be out of service that long.
                            2006 Civic SI
                            2009 Pilot
                            1988 GT
                            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              Didn't a new pilot for the 777-300 fry two at the same time while starting them up? I think they said it had something to do with the APU not being able to supply them both enough air to start at the same time, but I'm not sure.
                              There are two APU's. One for ea engine. You can push start for both engines at the same time if both APU's are running. Boeing baby-------------

Comment

Working...
                              X