Man sets himself on fire in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
    So, martyrdom is the solution? This problem will be eventually be resolved. It's happened before. Turning yourself into a human torch in protest, seriously?
    I don't see where he agreed with it or said he was going to do it? What's your point?

Comment

So, martyrdom is the solution? This problem will be eventually be resolved. It's happened before. Turning yourself into a human torch in protest, seriously?

Who said it was a solution? You keep backing people into corners and they do crazy shit to express themselves. I don't know what is new or hard to understand about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        I don't see where he agreed with it or said he was going to do it? What's your point?
        My point is the lack of understanding why anyone would see this situation as anything other than a mentally ill individual seeking a very sensational way to end his life. Not some wannabe iconoclast who thinks this is going to be a seminal moment in The People vs. Washington.

Comment

My point is the lack of understanding why anyone would see this situation as anything other than a mentally ill individual seeking a very sensational way to end his life. Not some wannabe iconoclast who thinks this is going to be seminal moment in people vs. Washington.

Yes, comparing him to monks that do this for political reasons is completely out of line considering the current political climate of this country and the vast numbers of people we have running around the Capitol setting themselves on fire on a regular basis. What an outrageous connection to make.

Comment

how has it been working out in North Korea?
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm not sure self-immolation is a sign of aversion to government.
              I was simply directing your attention to the image of the monk burning himself in protest.

No, I don't agree with or condone it. And I'm not saying that I think we're going to see this particular act again. But, I do think a tipping point might have been reached.

Comment

It will be full out civil war if this happens again in five or ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Not who I was hoping it was.
                  Ditto.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    It will be full out civil war if this happens again in five or ten years.
                    What clique u claimin?
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                    X