Man sets himself on fire in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man sets himself on fire in DC

Washington (CNN) -*Law enforcement and medical personnel rushed to Washington's National Mall on Friday afternoon to assist a man who reportedly set himself on fire.

Officer Hugh Carew, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department, said the initial report was the man was conscious and breathing. Carew could not confirm how the fire had started.

Adam Stifel saw part of the incident as he was running. "I saw a man sitting in flames," Stifel told CNN. "He had already doused himself in gasoline, I believe."

Stifel said five or six people used their shirts to pat out the fire. He said he saw a red gasoline canister near the man.

The incident occurred near the National Air and Space Museum. The man was airlifted out to receive medical care.

The location where the man was found on fire is about six blocks from the U.S. Capitol, where a high speed car chase on Thursday ended with a woman being shot and killed by law enforcement officers.

Park Ranger

Comment

Comment

Just another day in DC

Comment

People are getting fed up and trying to express it. These assholes may have finally lit the fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            People are getting fed up and trying to express it. These assholes may have finally lit the fuse.
            Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see these types of expressions happening more frequently.

Comment

Not who I was hoping it was.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm not sure self-immolation is a sign of aversion to government. I think it's more of a sign of mental illness.

I think a picket sign is adequate for most people who aren't lunatics.

Comment

He was flaming mad!

Comment

Burning in effigy can't be far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      I'm not sure self-immolation is a sign of aversion to government. I think it's more of a sign of mental illness.

I think a picket sign is adequate for most people who aren't lunatics.
                      See post #3

Comment

Human Torch is not impressed.

Comment

QFT, I think we're seeing the last few straw that are headed for the camel's back. Change is finally afoot.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Perhaps he was denied a bank loan?

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                              See post #3
                              So, martyrdom is the solution? This problem will be eventually be resolved. It's happened before. Turning yourself into a human torch in protest, seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X