Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can ID a Texas license plate for me? (Theft over $5000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can ID a Texas license plate for me? (Theft over $5000)

Any of our gurus here able to get me the owners info of a car based on the license plate?

Long story short someone stole one of our corporate fuel cards and has bought about $5500 worth of gas lately. based on his days/times of purchases I've been staking out a local gas station he frequents. Well, he just used the card and I snapped some pics of the car/license plate # and when he saw what I was doing he sped off. I'm about to call the police and file a report. Any info that can tell me the car owner's info is appreciated - Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SMKR; 10-04-2013, 05:14 PM.

Sooooo, at what point do you cancel the card? Seems that would have been the best thing to do from the beginning...

Comment

Posting the LP would be a good start.

Comment

$5k in fuel, even at current prices, is a shit-ton! As others have said, why would you not have cancelled the card??

Comment

Thanks, but the police have taken info, evidence, filed a report and said the detective would be in touch. They gave me his name from the license plate and I positively identified him from a previous mug shot. He said it depends on what the DA wants to do but he could face up to 71 felony counts.

I didn't turn the card off in the last 36 hours because if I did and didn't catch him, I wouldn't know if it was him (an ex employee) or a current employee, current employees spouse, etc. I'd never know and felt like that was letting them get away with a crap ton do stolen gas,

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            Thanks, but the police have taken info, evidence, filed a report and said the detective would be in touch. They gave me his name from the license plate and I positively identified him from a previous mug shot. He said it depends on what the DA wants to do but he could face up to 71 felony counts.

I didn't turn the card off in the last 36 hours because if I did and didn't catch him, I wouldn't know if it was him (an ex employee) or a current employee, current employees spouse, etc. I'd never know and felt like that was letting them get away with a crap ton do stolen gas,
            So how long did it take them to accrue that much?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              So how long did it take them to accrue that much?
              8 months

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                8 months
                And how long before you figured out wtf was going on? I take it you guys buy shit tons of gas and big bills for fuel are not unusual...?

Comment

Haha, had a guy we fired who told his supervisor he had lost his gas card. Between that time and me cutting his card the next morning, he had charged $250 worth of fuel. I called and told him to cut us a check for $250 by the next day or we were pressing charges. He said it wasn't him and I told him I know the store manager and had video. It was BS, but he dropped off the bank check later that day. F' in thief.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Maybe by letting this person to continue to use the card a bigger charge can be brought against them. I know our L.P. people sometimes will allow organize criminals to continue stealing from stores mount a bigger felony charge then just simple theft at local level. The idea being let them steal enough for a felony charge vs misdemeanor,
                    sigpic

Comment

EIGHT MONTHS?! Is he the Invisible Man?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        EIGHT MONTHS?! Is he the Invisible Man?
                        lol

Comment

Working...
                        X