Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I gotta leave ya'll hangin'.

I drink a lot of Crown. It's kinda part of my being, in a way. I don't mind it for now.

Drinking has never caused problems for me, other than being overweight. And ya, that's an issue in itself, but it is rooted more in my love of food than booze. I partied way too hard with other substances many years ago, so where I'm at now is tame and prudent, the way I see it. I'm also lucky enough to get along fine without anything if and when it happens. Heck, same with smoking. I can make a pack of smokes last 2-3 weeks.

Good luck to all of you though. I think about going through that someday because I know I might find a need to. Maybe kids or whatever.
    Hell man, 200-375ml is your first drink!

Comment

Good for you, Forrest.

Comment

Congrats man! I've never been a drinker, I have drank maybe 3-4 times in my life and I know I'm not the normal one with that. I'm never tempted to drink alcohol at all, but I know it's everywhere you go. Stay strong and be healthy. You and the wife!
        Scott Ganow
        Lone Star Performance
        16300 Midway Rd
        Addison, TX 75001
        214-630-5006

Comment

I will also say that lately it was more like 6-8 shots and a couple beers in about ten minutes... then the same amount over the next couple hours.

last Friday it was 6-8 shots and a couple beers and THEN a couple buddies stopped by... it escalated quickly from there. Good times were had by all (except for my wife when she arrived home to the chaos)
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            ...Good times were had by all (except for my wife when she arrived home to the chaos)
            Even though I have only really spent any time with you two once, that does not surprise me at all.

Comment

I too have felt that anxiety and shakes after a loooooong week/weekend, I even had pains in my abdomen from time to time. Thankfully I ended my weekday drinking back a long time ago and heavy weekends are very infrequent.

Good on you Cooter and others for taking the right steps back
              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                AMG or AMJ?
                hey i have a drinking problem, but im not ready to adress it yet. Its AMJ, Alex Matthew Johnson.

Comment

Good to hear, Forrest!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I just landed a new job with a lot of responsibility and I'm going to make sure I'm sharp as a tack.

Congrats man!

Jesus Christ, is this a sign that this site finally has gone over the hill? We're all quitting drinking to some extent? Don't let the word get out about this, being a bunch of no shit taking drunks was one of the few things we all had in common.

Comment

Sounds like the best decision for you, and quite honestly I've been thinking if doing the same for a while now.

If it's one beer, it's soon 10.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Wtf ... now what am I supposed to do to feel better about myself?
                        I'd short corn futures.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          I'd short corn futures.
                          And agave!
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

LMAO! I think I actually have that backward. Congratulations, dude.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Congrats man!

Jesus Christ, is this a sign that this site finally has gone over the hill? We're all quitting drinking to some extent? Don't let the word get out about this, being a bunch of no shit taking drunks was one of the few things we all had in common.
                              Fortunately the shit talking is still alive an well. Scary thought, but in another 20 years the site is going to be host to a rash of "it's a boy!" and "it's a girl!" grandkid posts, and the like.

Comment

This weekend will be a test for me. I haven't had any alcohol in a few days, which is a feat in its self, but I've got pool league coming up on Sunday.

Living in a bar, playing pool all the damn time is certainly going to have its complications with backing away from the sauce.

I won't give up pool, though. Geometry and physics don't lie. Alcohol certainly lies like crazy bitch who thinks she's sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X